No announcement yet.

Who replaces KT Turner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not defensive. You are speculating w/o any proof of even a rumor from a decent source. That type of speculation starts unnecessary rumors that can be damaging.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Unnecessary rumors? Sigh.

It's kinda common sense that no agreement = both sides are still haggling.
        Looking back to where this discussion began, you brought it up at the bottom of page 4. I have not seen "haggling", "dispute", "disagreement" or any synonym thereto anywhere but in your posts. Do you have any source for your statements? I'm not accusing or getting defensive, just an inquiring mind that wants to know if I'm right that it just takes time, or, rather, I should be concerned.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Last I heard the contract was agreed to in principle and they were just hammering out the final details or whatever goes into these things. There's no reason for any concern. It'll be done and everyone will be happy.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Unnecessary rumors? Sigh.

It's kinda common sense that no agreement = both sides are still haggling.
              You are starting a rumor right there by insenuating that Marshall is not happy with the contract he has been offered and is still negotiating. Maybe that is not what your goal was? But that is how I interpret it.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• What a strange tangent for an otherwise non-contextual thread. Even if the past few posts were their own thread, it'd still be an odd discussion.

Comment

• Move along. Nothing to see here.

Lawyers, agents, vacations, summer activities, reviews, approvals, amendments, illnesses, processing, meetings, staff input, research, fees, consultants, new provisions, old provisions, assistant coaches, give and take negotiations, fund raising, big donors, Cold, etc.

Some matters take time. The new contract falls into that category.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      Move along. Nothing to see here.

Lawyers, agents, vacations, summer activities, reviews, approvals, amendments, illnesses, processing, meetings, staff input, research, fees, consultants, new provisions, old provisions, assistant coaches, give and take negotiations, fund raising, big donors, Cold, etc.

Some matters take time. The new contract falls into that category.
                      You failed to mention firing and replacing a legendary baseball coach. I assume that required some commitment of time and effort.

Comment

• Argh's original comment was a month ago; why are we just now bringing it up?

Comment

• I just stumbled on this thread. I think there's a lot of hyperventilating and drama going on right now. I think that heaven and earth will be moved to make sure HCGM stays.

What doesn't pass the optics testis for anyone to state orspeculate without having some facts.

I'm not getting nervous until I start seeing comments in the media that the two sides aren't working things out.

Comment

• I know for a fact that there are two contracts that had to be done. Where would you place the priority? On the new coach you just hired who's moving to town, or on the long-term coach where you came to an "understanding"?

I know whose contract I'd get done first.

I've noticed that there are some people in the world who can't be happy unless there is something to be unhappy about.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I know for a fact that there are two contracts that had to be done. Where would you place the priority? On the new coach you just hired who's moving to town, or on the long-term coach where you came to an "understanding"?

I know whose contract I'd get done first.

I've noticed that there are some people in the world who can't be happy unless there is something to be unhappy about.
                              I resemble that remark.

Comment

• could be that the contracts go hand in hand. HCGM is trying to get a revision to his contract to give him more budget for assistant coaches, the asst coch contract can't be done until they have HCGM deal hammered out. Just speculating here but there's several moving parts in play. Not to mention we just came off a Final 4. I would say the bar has been raised and what used to be minor issues (such as bonuses for reaching final 4) are now realities and may need more attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X