Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Per the Marshall's Contract thread:

$376,000 for assistants (3)
    $65,805 for DOBO
    $35,000 for assistant (3) and DOBO salary increases
    $10,000 additional for FYE 2013, 2014, 2015 for assistants/DOBO
    $8,200 for assistant to Coach/Director of Player Development
    If I understand the above correctly, then the salaries for assistants seem thin.

Now that I think about it, it cannot be right. I mean, my interpretation cannot be correct.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Marshall's contract extension is evidently still being worked on. I've heard (on the Internet, so you know it's got to be true) that a group of donors had ponied up the green for a significant salary bump. Perhaps part of what is being worked on is how to spread those dollars around. Marshall may have wanted some of the available money to go to his assistants.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
        If I understand the above correctly, then the salaries for assistants seem thin.

Now that I think about it, it cannot be right. I mean, my interpretation cannot be correct.
        I believe he's working with around 487k for the three assistants plus DOBO. Lets say Okon gets 70k. That takes it to 417k for the three assistants.

I agree that I wish we had more to work with. Jans SHOULD make 250k. Then Heier around 150k or so. Forbes should then be around 125k. I'm sure all of these are higher than what they're actually paid, but that would leave us a little more than 100k short of what 3G has had to work with. We do know that his contract is being redone though and I'm sure assistants pay is a part of that. I also doubt that Jans is going to make 250k, but he should be around 200k if assistants are getting pay increases. This is a man that'll be a HC soon. Heier isn't far behind and it sounds like Forbes will get a shot somewhere in the not too distant future once he re-establishes himself a bit at the NCAA level.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
          Major Upgrade!
          Absolutely! Thanks, KT.

And I certainly hope that we have some big$ folks lined up to take care of Marshall's whole cast of assistants -- when you have a group this impressive, you want to keep them together, and the more you pay them the easier it is to do so.

Comment

From a Drake poster on MVCFans:

Darn. Now WSU has the TWO best coaches in the conference.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Too bad Creighton defected to the Big East, Aargh. The Drake guy would still have been right (in fact, with Jans and Heiar on board he might have been right even before Forbes joined up), but what would they have said in Omaha if someone had made that observation while the Blues were still around?

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Marshall's contract extension is evidently still being worked on. I've heard (on the Internet, so you know it's got to be true) that a group of donors had ponied up the green for a significant salary bump. Perhaps part of what is being worked on is how to spread those dollars around. Marshall may have wanted some of the available money to go to his assistants.
                I surely hope so. Four hundred thousand is not enough.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I Think 3 is arguable at this point.

Comment

http://drakenation.com/Topic86774-8-1.aspx

T
                    hat's because a few of them wanted him as their new head coach...

More proof we are on an entirely different level than the rest of this conference.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• You'd be surprised how long some contracts can take to finalize. Nothing can be done in a couple days when both sides have attorneys involved.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• If you know for sure that is a dispute then sedate your point. I've heard nothing of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              I'm surprised this still hasn't been finalized.

Both sides will still say it's in the hands of lawyers, which is a half-truth since the lawyers are negotiating on behalf of their clients. But we all know it doesn't take more than a couple days to draw up an extension of even a very complex preexisting contract if everyone agrees on the contents. It's now been four months. There is obviously some impasse on the terms and either: (1) someone's gonna have to blink; or (2) WSU wants to blink but still needs to shake the coffers for some extra change.

Hopefully the holdup is resolved soon.
                              Contract history (as near as I can find)

Effective April 16,2007 fixed term through 4/14/2014
                              Signed June 12, 2007

Amended to extend contract one year to 4/`5/2015
                              signed April 25,2009

New contract effective April 16, 2011 7-year rolling
                              signed May 18, 2011

Amended to increase other than base pay effective retroactive to 2010 and 2011
                              signed 7/12/2012

The current contract is most likely being entirely rewritten again. There may be some word-smithing going on. Thirty day deadlines for attorneys to respond to each other is nothing unusual and there may be several iterations back and forth. June 18th is the first media report I can find referencing a new contract being discussed http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/s...blockID=913031. I wouldn't be surprised to see this not completed and signed until September, maybe even October.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 11, 2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X