Who replaces KT Turner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who replaces KT Turner?

I'm guessing we go young buck, but who knows. There should be crazy demand to hop on board.

Here's some names:

Kellen Sampson

Jason Burton

Cody Hopkins

Robert Guster

Yaphett King

Talvin Hester

Corey Barker
    Last edited by wu_shizzle; June 21, 2013, 09:19 AM.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Steve

Freaking

Eck
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Mean Gene.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Danny Ainge
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

And those last three responses are what make Shockernet what it is!

Comment

Well, it ain't gonna be Cody Hopkins.

Comment

What is Ryan Martin doing these days? I heard that he left Northern Colorado, but I am not sure what he is doing now. I know he isn't one of GM's guys, but he seems like he could be a decent fit. I think he has known Jans for a long time.
              78-65

Comment

I really think its not who you know on staff but who you know in a specific recruiting area that would make someone attractive to replace Turner.

Comment

Don't limit yourself to Texas ties; think Kansas JUCO ties, too. That may seem unimportant given our proximity to them, but it isn't. It almost definitely played a significant role in KT Turner's hiring in the first place. I'm not saying a new AC would for sure have those ties, but that would be helpful.

Also, Ryan Martin was ousted at Northern Colorado and has not found a job since. He is in the KC area working with LJ Goolsby and KC Run GMC. I don't necessarily think he's a great fit.

Think bigger. There's good money for a current mid-major assistant to be had here, even more than normal coming off a Final Four run. Heck, there might be enough to get a rising young assistant from a struggling BCS conference school (not that we would want that). Matt Braeuer obviously has Texas ties and would probably jump at the chance, though I'm not sure if he's the right guy. I don't have a list of candidates in my head because there are probably a ton who want this job. Also, in all reality, this move was probably in the works a couple weeks ago. The list has probably already been compiled and whittled down by now.

Comment

Danny Manning

MUHAHAHAHA
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Mike Krzyzewski ?
                      Jim Boeheim ?
                      Rick Pitino ?
                      Bill Self ?
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I would love to have Matt B back and recruiting Texas.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                          I would love to have Matt B back and recruiting Texas.
                          Not happening...no way, shape, or form. Nothing against Matt because it isn't his fault...but it is just the reality of the situation.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Not happening...no way, shape, or form. Nothing against Matt because it isn't his fault...but it is just the reality of the situation.
                            Is this Mark Turgeon hate?
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Is this Mark Turgeon hate?
                              Not at all.

How is the best way to put this? How about diversity and culture?
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X