KT Turner leaving for SMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT Turner leaving for SMU

From Jason King's Twitter. K.T. is leaving.

Jason King ‏@JasonKingESPN 1m
    Wichita St. assistant K.T. Turner has accepted an offer to join Larry Brown's staff at SMU, source told http://ESPN.com .

Jason King ‏@JasonKingESPN 1m
    Turner will replace Jerrance Howard, who left last month for Kansas.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Ford and now Turner. Marshall has got to be furious!

Comment

That sucks, but you've got to figure that coming off a Final Four we should be able to attract someone pretty talented to fill the opening.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is that an upgrade? In any, way, shape or form??

Comment

Ford is flake - guy had jumped ship a number of times in the limited number of years he possibly could. I will not lump KT Turner into that category.

Comment

We lose our lowest assistant to become an assistant at SMU. Illinois State loses their head coach to become an assistant at SMU. Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              Ford is flake - guy had jumped ship a number of times in the limited number of years he possibly could. I will not lump KT Turner into that category.
              I believe Marshall has stated that when he fills an assistant position the only thing he asks for is that the coach gives him a 2 year commitment. After that, he can go wherever he wants. KT was here one year.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I believe Marshall has stated that when he fills an assistant position the only thing he asks for is that the coach gives him a 2 year commitment. After that, he can go wherever he wants. KT was here one year.
                son-of-a-*****

Comment

Jenn Bates

Eyewitness sports confirms that Wichita State assistant basketball coach KT Turner has been hired by Larry Brown at SMU

Comment

Wasn't Turner our Oklahoma recruiter? I'd hate to lose ground with Omega Harris and some of those guys.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Put anti-jump language in the contract along with a hefty buy-out clause.

rdr
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

what a joke. good luck at smu- he's gonna need it.

p.s. what about that verbal from the texas kid via connecticut prep school (forget his name right now.. but he's supposed to be pretty good). i wonder if this will affect that, much like the dayton kid that verballed is now going to illinois state..

Comment

is it time to give matt brauer a shot?

Comment

Doubtful

Comment

Did he discuss this and get an OK from HCGM, if not may be a blackmark he may wish he didn't have. With all the open jobs coming open Brown may get a yet another chance. Whatever. I have no doubt we will have a ton of very qualified people interested in the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X