Shocker NCAA games lost: DVR failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker NCAA games lost: DVR failed

My DVR died during the storms last week and I lost my recordings of the 5 NCAA games before I could xfer them to DVD.

Does anybody have copies they are willing to share? I've only found one game so far on torrent.
    I could reciprocate with a copy of the WSU-KU Battle of New Orleans.
    I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

I lost my DVR in our house fire and am in the same need as ShockerInKC. If anyone has info on how to aquire these games I would sincerely appreciate it.

Comment

I think there are many of us who would love a copy. I think it is stupid that you can't purchase games from the NCAA directly. Without that option, the next best thing is getting them from a fellow fan. It is illegal to sell these recordings for a profit, but I don't think there is a problem of charging the costs of making the copy onto DVD and mailing it. I know I would be more than happy to pay those expenses in exchange for a handful of DVD recordings of the NCAA tournament games.

Comment

I'd like to know how you get DVR recordings on to DVD with all the built-in copy protection these days. Were you using older equipment?

Comment

I have all 5 games on my DirecTv HD box. Does anyone else have the same setup and is there a way to copy those to disk? I'd be happy to assist if someone could guide me on the procedure.

Comment

I'm assuming the Ohio State game is the one you found online? I have it on my computer and can seed for anyone that wants it

Comment

It looks like the best answer is a recorder device such as a Hauppauge Colossus PCI Express Internal HD-PVR. They are about $135 on amazon.
              You treat it like a vcr, playback the video from DVR and record in real-time to PC.
              You may be able to record directly from an HDMI port on the DVR.

Comment

It is absolutely illegal under copyright law to make a copy of copyrighted material and distribute it to anyone in any form whatsoever, regardless of any "profit" or lack thereof. Please do not post anything here that would get ShockerNet involved in any conspiracy to commit copyright infringement.

You are allowed to make copies of broadcast materials for your own personal use. If you can hook a DVD recorder between your DVR and your TV, just play the game on the DVR, and record a copy on your DVD. In some cases, a splitter is required - particularly with the audio feeds - to get everything to both places. In a worst case, you can use a splitter with everything coming out of the DVR to make separate feeds to both the DVD burner and the TV.

Another option is to use output from your TV to go into the DVD burner.

But, please remember, you can only do that for your personl use. You cannot provide copies to others. That's how all the peer-to-peer music-sharing sites got into trouble and how the RIAA sued people who were allowing copyrighted music to be recorded by other users of the per-to-peer.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I'd like to know how you get DVR recordings on to DVD with all the built-in copy protection these days. Were you using older equipment?
                  VCR
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Anybody else notice the (actual) irony?
                    I think we just got a lesson on pirating from a pirate.

Comment

1 - It was a free broadcast.
                      2 - It is not for sale anywhere at the moment.
                      3 - I could have recorded it and legal kept it forever.
                      4 - I missed that opportunity.
                      5 - Someone has the technology to easily make a copy of their copy and give me (for free) what I would have had (for free).
                      6 - No profit is gained or loss.
                      7 - Step 5 is illegal.

Wow, I love our government!!!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up Aargh. The more I think of it, of course you are right. Really frustrating though. Music sharing laws make sense because it is sharing a product that was paid for once and allowing the "next guy" to get it for free. TV recordings off of broadcast (free) networks, on the other hand, seem like they should be altogether different. Ugghhh.

Comment

From ehow.com... now I'm more confused.

What You Can Do

You can legally record a broadcast TV program on a recording device such as a Video Cassette Recorder, Digital Video Recorder or computer for your personal use. Recording programming for later viewing is called "Time Shifting" and is a legally supported act. You can view the recorded content as many times as you want, you can make additional copies of the recorded content and you can distribute copies of the content to other people in person. Educational uses of recorded TV content receive additional protection. It is legal to record a TV program and play it for a class.

You can also edit and parody the recorded content as long as the new version adds new value (insight, understanding, aesthetics) to the original. For example, you can parody a music video by changing the audio track to a different song that sarcastically relates to the video's imagery. You also can edit an episode of a TV show to show specific lines a character says to demonstrate that character's attitude toward a topic.

What You Can't Do

You can't hold public exhibitions, rebroadcast, distribute on peer-to-peer networks or sell a TV broadcast recording. Fair use does not protect mass distribution of recorded content or the ability for a person to make a financial profit from a copyrighted recording.

Comment

So if I make copies for my own use, and I'm paranoid and make 1000, and I invite friends over and they steal them from me, I'm okay?

Comment

The reason you did not file a police report was that you didn't notice for several weeks - or months - that some of the copies were missing, and there was no way to know exactly when they were "lost".

The enforcers of these various rules and laws do a much better job of monitoring published reports, such as those on the Internet, than they do monitoring private conversations, so I think your friends who "stole" them would be unlikely to encounter problems.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Pirate Angry

Comment

Working...
                              X