Kadeem Coleby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kadeem Coleby

Like Doc said a long time ago, we will be just fine at the 5 spot next year. A tweet from Jon Rothstein:

"Kadeem Coleby will give Wichita State a "pogo stick" type 5-man next season. Really athletic. Protects the rim. Keon Clark esque."
    In the fast lane

Saw that on twitter earlier, didnt even think to post it here ... great find Trop! Also, agree 100%, Coleby gonna bring the whole S.W.A.T. team with him this year. Speaking with players on the team this year ... all of them had really great things to say about Coleby & that he can really get up quick to block shots around the rim.
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Get used to VanVleet to Coleby alley oops as well. Often.

Comment

and darius carter right beside him

Comment

The next time I see a pass FROM Kadeem will be the first time I've seen a pass FROM Kadeem. Sure hope he finds the ability to pass out of the low post.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I am stoked for next season. Thank you coaching staff and players for busting your chops for my enjoyment. :good:

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              The next time I see a pass FROM Kadeem will be the first time I've seen a pass FROM Kadeem. Sure hope he finds the ability to pass out of the low post.
              Well, we were hoping for a post player with Durley's offensive game.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Well, we were hoping for a post player with Durley's offensive game.
                Zing!
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

He sounds great. I'll be happy if he even comes close to measuring up to Carl Hall.

Comment

From what I've seen of him working 1 on 1 against C.J. in drills and in pickup games Kadeem is still mainly a defensive threat. That said, he certainly has better offensive skills than Ehimen. His moves are more fluid and his hands are better.

Because he's not as much of a liability on the offensive end, I think he'll play more minutes than EO did. Add that to Kadeem's better balance and uncanny ability to recover quickly for the second and even third bounce (pogo stick is dead on) and it will give him similar block numbers to EO. (EO averaged 0.1 blocks per minute played as a senior; Kadeem averaged 0.09 b/m in his junior season at UL-L)

If you're looking for direct analogs, I would look for Darius to replace Carl's scoring and Kadeem to replace EO's defense. Assuming all the front-court guys stay, I really think we'll see an overall statistical gain in front-court production with Shaq and Watson coming in and Cle and CJ improving in their second year in the program.

Rebounding, leadership and toughness is the big question mark. Carl may be missed more in those areas.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that about his offensive skills. The only time I've seen Kadeem play was at last years Shocker Madness. That instance led me to believe he was more offensively potent than Carl. I remember him showing a variety of quick post moves and range out to 15 ft. Granted it was Shocker Madness but he didn't really make an impression defensively. From all I've heard/read he should be an impact player on both ends of the floor next year.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Now, now, im4 -- In his last season, playing at ULaLa, Coleby had 25 assists in 31 games. And who knows how many more he'd have had if his teammates hit the shots?

On what will probably be a more exciting note next season, he also had a positive blocks / turnovers ratio: 73 blocks, 69 TOs. Also, 9.5 ppg in 24.4 minutes on a very balanced team (he was their third-leading scorer; the top guy averaged 10.8) -- nothing wrong with that scoring capability from a center on a team with the other scoring options WSU can put on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          From what I've seen of him working 1 on 1 against C.J. in drills and in pickup games Kadeem is still mainly a defensive threat. That said, he certainly has better offensive skills than Ehimen. His moves are more fluid and his hands are better.

Because he's not as much of a liability on the offensive end, I think he'll play more minutes than EO did. Add that to Kadeem's better balance and uncanny ability to recover quickly for the second and even third bounce (pogo stick is dead on) and it will give him similar block numbers to EO. (EO averaged 0.1 blocks per minute played as a senior; Kadeem averaged 0.09 b/m in his junior season at UL-L)

If you're looking for direct analogs, I would look for Darius to replace Carl's scoring and Kadeem to replace EO's defense. Assuming all the front-court guys stay, I really think we'll see an overall statistical gain in front-court production with Shaq and Watson coming in and Cle and CJ improving in their second year in the program.

Rebounding, leadership and toughness is the big question mark. Carl may be missed more in those areas.
                          This is good stuff. We are adding a guy in the post who is likely better than starting center EO all around. Maybe 3 inches less intimidating but he will probably make up for it on the offensive end throughout the game.

Another thing I've been thinking is that we would have expected Jake White to be the replacement for Carl Hall originally. Honestly his game was very similar if you take out the shooting mentality. He was always good at rebounding and MTXE stuff like Carl...just not quite the same level (sophomore versus senior argument here)
                          Anyway, now that he is gone and Darius looks like the new replacement, I just look at it like this. I've seen Jake play and I would have still felt pretty happy about next season if it were him. Instead, he has transferred and I'm looking at it like everyone still on the roster is probably at least as good at the relevant positions as Jake White would have been this year... I feel very good about that. I think a team with Coleby, Early, CJ, Shaq, Watson and JW still wins the valley, and that same lineup with Darius will probably be even better.
                          Scary stuff :)
                          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; May 30, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X