Bleacher Report sets expectation for top 20 coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleacher Report sets expectation for top 20 coaches

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1652694-setting-expectations-for-each-of-college-basketballs-top-20-coaches-in-2014/page/13

I
    think 3G can do better than this:poster_wu:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I'm going to start writing articles for the Bleacher Report predicting a Shocker national championship.

Comment

I don't care who it is, I like it when whoever ranks our coach right behind Krzyewki, Pitino, Boeheim, Williams , Calipari, Izzo, Donovan and Self.
      In the fast lane

Comment

20. Dana Altman, Oregon
        19. John Beilein, Michigan
        18. Thad Matta, Ohio State
        17. Mike Montgomery, Califonia
        16. Jim Crews, St. Louis
        15. Andy Enfield, USC
        14. Shaka Smart, VCU
        13. Steve Alford, UCLA
        12. Brad Stevens, Butler
        11. Mark Few, Gonzaga
        10. Jim Larranaga, Miami
        9. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State
        8. Bill Self, Kansas
        7. Billy Donovan, Florida
        6. Tom Izzo, Michigan State
        5. John Calipari, Kentucky
        4. Roy Williams, UNC
        3. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse
        2. Rick Pitino, Louisville
        1. Mike Krzyzewski, Duke

HCGM is the #1 "not a blue blood" coach. He is right up with the legends, where he belongs.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Apparently losing Orukpe is more important than Armstead.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

There is one of the best PG in the NCAA stepping into armsteads shoes. FVV has been battle tested in the NCAA Tourny. Losing EO hurts us in the eyes of the media because there are a bunch of "unknowns" at C next year.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              There is one of the best PG in the NCAA stepping into armsteads shoes. FVV has been battle tested in the NCAA Tourny. Losing EO hurts us in the eyes of the media because there are a bunch of "unknowns" at C next year.
              You're giving them more credit than I am ... I think they forgot about Armstead ;)
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

If WSU outperforms KU in the NCAA's again next year, does Marshall move past Self in this coaches rating?

Marshall is looking at a possibility that he can take WSU to a level past where Self can take KU from this point on. It's hard to take a team past a NC.

Considering Marshall's personality, competetive nature, and total determination, can you imagine him leaving a F4 team when he's outperforming an in-state team (KU) that's historically the best team in the State by a wide margin. This ranking of the top 20 coaches has Marshall at #9 and Self at #8. Do you think Marshall is satisfied? Do you think he can find more satisfaction at another school?

I believe Marshall is determined to outperform the team that won't play him when it comes down to the NCAA's.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  If WSU outperforms KU in the NCAA's again next year, does Marshall move past Self in this coaches rating?

Marshall is looking at a possibility that he can take WSU to a level past where Self can take KU from this point on. It's hard to take a team past a NC.

Considering Marshall's personality, competetive nature, and total determination, can you imagine him leaving a F4 team when he's outperforming an in-state team (KU) that's historically the best team in the State by a wide margin. This ranking of the top 20 coaches has Marshall at #9 and Self at #8. Do you think Marshall is satisfied? Do you think he can find more satisfaction at another school?

I believe Marshall is determined to outperform the team that won't play him when it comes down to the NCAA's.
                  Post Angry!

Comment

How quickly this team went from a team that can't shoot to a team full of sharpshooters.

I wonder if anyone would know Early's name if his high-flying dunk had been a lay-up instead. Good for him. When in doubt, go with high-flying dunk.

Comment

When in doubt, leave no doubt! That's MTXE, that's playing angry.

Comment

Many would probably think that those 8 in front of him have the jobs that he would only consider leaving WSU for. I think this is a good thing, because those guys should still be coaching for a while.

HCGM can definitely climb the list and hopefully he does it here. I look forward to seeing him in action over the next few years with improving the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I like where your going with this, but lets revisit in like 2 or 3 years. Self does have some NCAA turds, but also a crown jewel.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                          X