To the students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the students

Say what you want about student support, but no one on here will deny we love the Shocks. Sometimes we love them too much.

I talked to Coach Marshall after the Missouri State game. (OMG! If you just wait an hour, he comes out after he's done with the radio guys!) My buddy who was with me commented on the officiating in general, and this led to a discussion on a slight issue with the student section, in particular, two chants. "These Refs Suck!" and "Bull S**T!"

My buddy asked Marshall if he thought that these chants might just piss the refs off at us even more, leading to intentionally bad calls....

The reason I said this is because I told Coach Marshall that I would talk to the fans I know, and ask them to stop these chants. It's kinda classless. So, that's why I came here, to you guys. I'm not saying anything specific here, just fulfilling a promise I made to Coach Marshall. Could we stop those two chants, please?
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

exactly, we aren't New Jersey

Comment

You guys should get more crunk.

i could teach you how.

Comment

Good job fastbow! :clap:
        Thanks for doing it :bow:
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Hebrew Crunk?
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Re: To the students

Originally posted by fastbow
            Say what you want about student support, but no one on here will deny we love the Shocks. Sometimes we love them too much.

I talked to Coach Marshall after the Missouri State game. (OMG! If you just wait an hour, he comes out after he's done with the radio guys!) My buddy who was with me commented on the officiating in general, and this led to a discussion on a slight issue with the student section, in particular, two chants. "These Refs Suck!" and "Bull S**T!"

My buddy asked Marshall if he thought that these chants might just piss the refs off at us even more, leading to intentionally bad calls....

The reason I said this is because I told Coach Marshall that I would talk to the fans I know, and ask them to stop these chants. It's kinda classless. So, that's why I came here, to you guys. I'm not saying anything specific here, just fulfilling a promise I made to Coach Marshall. Could we stop those two chants, please?
            While you're talking to the fans, I'll talk to the Israelis and Palestinians. I have $5 that we're equally successful in solving the problem. :shock:
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Good job fastbow. I was sorry to hear those two cheers come out again when Gregg came on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                Good job fastbow. I was sorry to hear those two cheers come out again when Gregg came on the scene.
                I hear ya, shockball.

Actually, I despise all negative cheering. I'm ok with some booing at the officials. That's part of life and a part of home court advantage. I'd rather see and hear folks yell and scream FOR their team, not against the other team. Non students are FAR more guilty of this while the students mostly don't do it as much but the quality is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  exactly, we aren't New Jersey
                  Thats Joysee :D
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Just wondering how much you students travel with the Shocks. I wish I would have traveled more as as student.

I went to Tulsa and to K-State my soph, jr and sr years and to KC for the WSU-KU game my freshman year.

Road trips are still fun at my age and much more fun at your ages.

I recommend you folks travel absolutely as much as you can squeeze into your student schedules.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                      Just wondering how much you students travel with the Shocks. I wish I would have traveled more as as student.

I went to Tulsa and to K-State my soph, jr and sr years and to KC for the WSU-KU game my freshman year.

I recommend you folks travel absolutely as much as you can squeeze into your student schedules.
                      if i could I would go to every game, but i just dont have the money. I am making my 2nd straight year to St Louis tho.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ah, that pesky money.

We had 14 people in two cars in one road trip to Tulsa. And 14 of us shared two adjoining hotel rooms.

The per person cost was affordable. And we got luck with $.99 sandwiches at Arby's.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

If you can't make any other trip during the year, try to go to St. Louis. It is well worth the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                            Originally posted by ABC

If you can't make any other trip during the year, try to go to St. Louis. It is well worth the experience.
                            as i have said last year was my first year going to st louis, it was such a great experience that im prolly gonna go every year now. I would advise anyone and everyone if they havent been, then they need to go, its well worth the money.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

This will be my 6th year in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X