Rothstein's prediction....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothstein's prediction....

... for Shocker's starting 5. "Early prediction on Wichita State starting five for 2013-14 -- Fred Van Vleet, Tekele Cotton, Evan Wessel, Cleanthony Early, Kadeem Coleby."

I don't know how you leave out Baker.
    In the fast lane

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    ... for Shocker's starting 5. "Early prediction on Wichita State starting five for 2013-14 -- Fred Van Vleet, Tekele Cotton, Evan Wessel, Cleanthony Early, Kadeem Coleby."

I don't know how you leave out Baker.
    Who do you take out to put him in? Whether he starts or not, he gets as many minutes as Cotton and Wessel.

Comment

This is serious. If Evan starts Ron is going to have competion at the malls for the girls.
      In the fast lane

Comment

If Evan's production rivals Baker, Shocker fans better start saving their pennies for more travel in April....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

We had 6 keys players in our F4 run. 2 were Seniors. Can't image that the other 4 have not earned a starting spot and that it is not theirs to lose.

Comment

Considering they way Baker played in March and April, Rothstein probably thought he was a 5-year senior and wasn't coming back.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Considering they way Baker played in March and April, Rothstein probably thought he was a 5-year senior and wasn't coming back.
              It was amazing, considering so few D-1 games under his belt.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I'd only disagree with the Baker/Wessel switch. I can't imagine Baker doesn't start after that tournament. I think Wessel will get nearly equivalent minutes, though.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  It was amazing, considering so few D-1 games under his belt.
                  The gutty play from Fred and Ron, for freshman was just amazing to watch.

I love Evan and what he brings, and he is a monster athlete, but I just can't see him playing over Baker. I mean, even Antoine didn't push X out of the starting lineup when he came back from injury.

Comment

What really matters most is that Baker, Wessel (the two starters early last season before injuries set in), and Cotton (who came off the bench at first) don't care who starts. This is strictly sportswriter / fan stuff.

Comment

I'm guessing that the 2 is Baker's spot to lose with his play in the NCAA tournament. HC3G likes to have his best defenders and also seem to like to have two PG type players on the court. I think this favors Baker so far. It's going to be a war for PT.

Comment

Don't we all know by now that who starts in Gregg Marshall's system is irrelevant?

Comment

also remember that Cotton wasn't fully healthy at the beginning of the season when Wessel was starting. We haven't yet seen these guys all clicking at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                            Don't we all know by now that who starts in Gregg Marshall's system is irrelevant?
                            Truer words have never been spoken.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Sheesh, the backcourt is going to be LOADED for the next couple of years. The great thing is that Fred, Ron, Tekele, and Evan are all tough as nails and aren't the types to rest on their laurels and read their press clippings too much (and that can be an issue for some guys). Those guys' work ethic will set the tone for the rest of the team, so effort should never be an issue with this core. They won't win every game (although I bet they won't lose many) and won't make every shot, but I don't foresee ever having to worry too much about effort and energy.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X