No announcement yet.

Jake White transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of interesting that if the recruiting had worked as expected, our main frount court players this year would have been Jake White and Teddy Hawkins.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Jake has battled injuries this year and is just now getting close to healthy. He's UNO's 6th man. My wife and I drove up to watch him Saturday. He looked like he would reach a double_double when they put the starting frontcourt in until they cleared the bench with freshmen and Jake never got back in. He had 7 points and 8 rebounds in 19 minutes. He was very vocal on the court and appeared to be a leader on the team. Then, we went to dinner with him, his mom and girlfriend. Wonderful day.

Comment

Although not too hard to believe since he plays in Omaha now, my wife and I ran into Jake walking around in the Old Market with his girlfriend after the game on Sunday. I told him I always appreciated how hard he played and had some fond memories from the 2013 tournament with him.He threw up the "shocker" and was very excited at the result.

Comment

Any chance Jake has graduated and could come back to win a title? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Dofo?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              He would have already used up his 5 years to play 4. But he's welcome to come back to cheer on the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Dofo?
                Truely a compelling thing to consider.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  He would have already used up his 5 years to play 4. But he's welcome to come back to cheer on the Shocks.
                  Thankfully, Jake has a year to go and we certainly plan to go up to watch him play as often as possible this coming year. Only made it once this past season, but seemed to bring him and his team luck. They went on a really nice streak just after our visit.

Comment

Working...
                  X