The price of success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price of success

I wonder how much ticket prices for men's basketball will jump next season now after the Final Four run.. I seem to remember a $20 hike after winning the NIT. And I saw and a Andrew Wiggins thread over on the recruiting board.. lol.. I have news for all of you wild dreamers out there, if WSU did some how manage to land the #1 overall recruit in the nation after a Final Four run, men's basketball ticket prices would surely be the highest ever the following season.

If you think they are high check out what ku ticket prices were last year. 1,255/ for tier 1 1,155/ tier 2 and 855/ tier 3. Also a minimum donation to the williams fund of a hundred bucks. Of course they are the flagship institution and can command these prices. Also I thought they required people to purchase a like number of football tickets. Anyway I think my value for my WSU season bb tickets was much higher than ku this year.

Comment

The ticket price and availability situation will definitely become more interesting the longer success can be substained at WSU. I think the annual Intrust game will become more vital being that fans have a chance to snag 5,000 more tickets for that game. As far as ku tickets go.. I've always been under the impression that best way to get a hold of them is to some how get lucky and run into someone who has them and for some reason can't make to the game. One thing is for certain next season.. It will sure be more difficult for K-State to claim they are selling out every game. :highly_amused:

Comment

I'd hate to be a kittie fan today.

Comment

My records are incomplete, but here is what I have on season ticket prices for Sec 104, row 13.

'06-'07 $215
          '09-'10 265
          '11-'12 330
          '12-'13 330
          '13-'14 330

SASO donations have increased during that time. Unfortunately, my records are almost non-existent on that part.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

SASO Membership Analysis

According to the 2012-2013 game program list of donors, there are 2,315 members, 510 (22%) are giving at the 110% of minimum level or more.

Assuming the only giving amounts are at the minimum level or at the 110% level, the total contribution is $4,429,692. Of this amount, $113,697 is the additional 10% amount given by those 510 donors.

Assuming that each donor has purchased exactly the number of tickets available at their particular donor SASO membership level, the total season tickets for these donors is 7,596. The SASO cost per season ticket averages $583.16.

DISCLAIMER - I did not count each individual in the program, but estimated the total number by counting representative columns, so there may be some slight inaccuracy.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Including the SASO donation, the two seats I get in row 30 behind the Shocker bench cost right at $900. Up about $60 from last year IIRC. Still the best value for your college basketball dollar in the state!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Cost per season ticket (assumes every season ticket is $330 per seat)

Comment

IIRC, my benchback tickets in row 30 were $275 each, as my total season ticket bill minus SASO was $559 ($9 processing fee).
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                  X