Who will lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will lead

Malcolm was the vocal leader for this years team. All of the seniors set the work ethic. Who will step forward and be the vocal leader? I think it could be FVV because of his confidence in himself and his game. There will be an opportunity for several of these young men to step up this year but I see FVV as the heir apparent.

Fred's pretty quiet, I would bet on Cle or maybe Ron.

Comment

If Fred is indeed quiet, he has to make an adjustment on the court. The point guard needs to be the coach on the floor, period. That said, I can see Baker being that guy as well.

Comment

Some people must not have paid attention - Fred is a leader, a coach on the court. He was giving orders and directing traffic when on the court this season. He will be the leader and run the show.

Comment

I think Andrew Wiggins.

Cle and Fred. Fred and Cle. They will certainly be filling the void of MA.

Comment

Fred is already a great leader ... we are in good hands. As far as a vocal leader this year ... Cle .. Ron .. Fred. Im not concerned ... the cream will always rise to the top & our fellas will grow, adapt & evolve into different roles by the time next season rolls around. If not ... HCGM will ensure this happens
            Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Maybe we'll be surprised and someone unlikely - I remember how much of a leader JT Durley became, especially during his senior season, after whining and complaining like a ***** for a few years. I gained a lot of respect for him that last year he was on the court for us.

Comment

I miss JT. He ended his career as a total stud!

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  Some people must not have paid attention - Fred is a leader, a coach on the court. He was giving orders and directing traffic when on the court this season. He will be the leader and run the show.
                  I think DubV will be the primary leader on the court when it comes to running the plays, but there is another type of leadership that you have to have ... and I think it comes from Tekele. The type of leader that walks over to Cleanthony who is spouting off at a referee and about to get tee'd up, and just wraps his monster arms around him and tells him quietly to shut the eff up before he causes us to lose the game. Tekele is that quiet enforcer type and will be an upperclassman. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the most respected player on the court by the rest our players.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't believe the returning players, for the most part, will need a lot of vocal leadership regarding off-season workouts. They know what they did last summer and they saw where it took them. That's a lot of motivation. If anyone slacks off this summer, I think Evan will be one of the more vocal leaders. As far as on the floor, I am a strong believer in point guard leadership. Fred, it's your ship now.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Cle, wiggins, coleby and lufile. Add anyone else you want to, but seniors have a way of stepping up in leadership.

Look at last year. Every one of those seniors was a leader in one way or another. It will happen again this year.

Comment

Really don't think it matters. I can see any of the returning players being leaders next year. And I don't see too many people needing leadership ... we're going to have a lot of guys setting the example for the new players.

Someone or a few people will rise up as the vocal leaders. Not worried who it'll be.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I agree there could be a number of "leaders" in various ways, but just from observing Fred, he does not shy away from leadership, calling plays, running plays, taking pressure shots...he is like a young Derek Jeter so to speak. Captain. He gets everyone involved. He knows what the coach wants. He is a winner.

Comment

It's gonna be Fred, he might not say much but what he does will mean a hell of a lot. then Ron and Cle and Tekele.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

who will be the team captain? maybe tekele cotton?

Comment

Working...
                              X