Statistical Recap of 2012-2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statistical Recap of 2012-2013 Season

The following is a summary of Margin of Scoring (WSUpoints minus Oppoent points) in each of the ten 4-minute periods of the game.

Our strongest time is from 15:59 to 12:00 in the second half. Our weakest is that same portion of the first half. In words, we get off to a fast start and then give it back. In the second half we lope along and then step on the gas.

Last edited by im4wsu; April 20, 2013, 05:42 PM.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

The following summarizes the difference in score at the end of each period. So, a positive number at Period 5 would indicate WSU leading at halftime by that amount.

WSU had the lead at the end of 264 4-minute periods; was behind at the end of 108 periods and there were 18 periods where the score was deadlocked. so crudely, we trailed at the end of 27.7% of the 4-minute periods.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Thanks for the data. Here is a slightly different way to look at per "pt differential per each period"

WSU won 211 periods (54.1%) by an average of 3.95 pts
      WSU lost 140 periods (35.9%) by an average of 3.56 pts
      10% (39) of the periods were ties

Capture.JPG

Comment

Following is a listing of the top five performers in each category for the entire season.Statistical categories other than Percentages are expressed both on a per-game and a per-40-minute basis and presented side-by-side to emphasize similarities and differences. The highlighted individuals are those expected to return next year.

Comment

Stats per 40 minutes played. Category leaders are highlighted.

Top summary includes all games; lower summary only the Conference and MVC tournament games.

Comment

Regular Season compared to Post-season

These are per-game stats. The better value of regular or post season are highlighted.

These are the same categories, except on a per-40-minute basis.

Comment

Working...
            X