Off Topic : Jack Stamp Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic : Jack Stamp Estate

Many will remember Jack as a long time Shocker fan. He was also a die hard Tulsa fan , being an alumni.......... There is an Estate sale finishing up today (?) at the old Gessler drug store at Central + Woodlawn that has many artifacts from Jack's Estate. As of yesterday , there were still VHS tapes of old TU-WSU games , football + basketball......... If there are any Tulsa fans out there , they should definitely get over there , as there is/was a lot of Tulsa stuff......... I scarfed up a few items , including his Fraternity initiation display plaque from 10-1-50 ..........

AEKDB

Is he the guy that drove around in the Jaguar with the 'Tulsa' vanity plates?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Is he the guy that drove around in the Jaguar with the 'Tulsa' vanity plates?
      That's the guy.

He was a 50-year season ticket holder for both WSU and Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        That's the guy.

He was a 50-year season ticket holder for both WSU and Tulsa.
        I was at an OU v Tulsa football game several years ago where he was honored for his support of TU. He was a great Tulsa and Wichita State supporter.

His son is a great supporter of WSU and he and his family are as good as good gets. @ABC: knows what I'm talkin' about, even better than I.

Comment

The very first Shocker games I attended were courtesy of Jack Stamp. He was a good man and a good father.

Comment

Jack was our alumnus advisor for our fraternity at WSU. He used to have to talk to a woman who lived next door to us "chain lady" and retrieve our footballs or softballs that would land in her yard from errant throws. He used to race jaguars when he was younger. One of the best photos on his I Love Me Wall was one when he was about 4 or 5 years old with him in a toy race car completed with a helmet. Jack was one of the nicest men I knew during my college days and after.

AEKDB

Comment

Working...
            X