Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only one positive as I see it with Loyola joining MVC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one positive as I see it with Loyola joining MVC.

The only positive as I see it with Loyola joining the MVC is the recruiting hotbed that Chicago represents. If there are others, enlighten me so as to ease my angst.

Originally posted by Lawman View Post
    The only positive as I see it with Loyola joining the MVC is the recruiting hotbed that Chicago represents. If there are others, enlighten me so as to ease my angst.
    They could finish ahead of Evansville? On second thought, that might not be a good thing....

And they have a nice practice gym. I mean arena.

Comment

Since they don't have baseball either, and DBU essentially makes the 8th baseball program, the MVC doesn't have to go to 9. I know, I'm just throwing darts.

Comment

Cheap Flights

Just wanted to try the link feature...sweet!

Comment

makes WSU closer to leaving the MVC?

Comment

I can go see the Shox play 3 miles from my house?!

Comment

A great road trip. Chicago is a fun city to visit. The Loyola gym is small enough that Shocker fans could out number them. That would be kind of cool.

Comment

Only positive is getting to start a new thread ?

Comment

To give them credit, they did very well against bad teams. They were 12-1 against teams with 194+ RPIs last season ... compared to Missouri State at 1-4, or SIU at 6-2.

... of course, they were 2-15 against teams were 1-193 RPI, which every Valley team but Miss State falls into.

They were actually 9-3 nonconference last year. They actually had a 104 nonconference RPI last year.

... of course, their nonconference SOS was ranked 343rd, good for 5th worst in D1.

Their KenPom ranking actually went up by around 120 spots last year, in their coach's second year.

... of course, their KenPom ranking dropped by around 140 spots the year before that.

More than doubled their win total last year, implying progress under their coach in his second year.

... of course, they finished the season 3-9 in their last 12, implying less progress.

Their average attendance is trending upwards over the last five years. Low around 1700, high around 2400.

... of course, that would still be around half of the worst attendances in the Valley.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

It will take them 4-5 years to not be a bottom feeder. They will have to invest in their program much more than they do currently. Their gym they play in only holds 4,500.
                    Jeessssh! What was Elgin and the Presidents thinking of?

Comment

The presidents were not thinking of basketball, Snap. They were thinking about academics and $$ endowment size, which is the kind of stuff presidents think about.

It would have been interesting to see the outcome if the basketball coaches had been the ones voting instead -- there may be a couple who would have liked to put a floor under themselves, but it's hard to imagine anyone with serious ambitions for his program favoring the Ramblers. Still, they're soon to be the only current Valley member other than WSU with an actual Division 1 national championship in their history, however distant.

Comment

Working...
                      X