Loyola Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyola Poll

Only you can decide if you are voting due to long term or short term reasons.

Pros
    ----
    A former NCAA National Championship in basketball -- doesn't get any better than that.

Strong, but very old tradition.

They have a new Athletic Director specifically charged with revitalizing their athletics, who has made a tremendous number of new hires in a short time.

They have just spent substantial money on a very well done facility upgrade.

They have serious cash, if they are willing to commit.

Great TV market, if they can become a serious player.

Great recruiting area.

Cons
    ----
    Awful track record over past 30 years.

Potential RPI killer year in and year out if they don't resurrect their program.

Small arena..

Their current coach doesn't have a proven track record at winning, especially in the MVC.
    Love it! They'll return to national prominance, mark my words.
    1.79%
    Not bad. I like this addition. They have potential.
    12.50%
    I dunno. Not sure. The risk to reward ratio seems balanced.
    14.29%
    I'm not digging it. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.
    51.79%
    Hate it! This sucks! Might as well have added Alcorn State.
    19.64%

The poll is expired.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

All other MVC options are currently viewed as good additions due to current coaching (Denver is probably the one exception). The ORU's of the world do not have the budgets, fan bases, etc. to be able to survive one bad coaching hire.

All Loyola needs is the right coach...

Comment

My problem with Loyola's addition has to do with the timing of their addition. To better explain, I would have gladly traded Evansville for Loyola, maybe even if it had been one or two others schools in the Valley that left. I would have minded less if their addition was because of expansion. Loyola's future potential might be worth it.

The problem is that it was CU that left and created a big crater in the Valley's RPI and was a nationally visable / known name for the MVC. We get improvement in neither with the addition of the Ramblers. At least initially, it has probably made things look even worse than if they had not been added at all. It won't be so bad if they (very, very) quickly turn their basketball program around. However, it will more likely be 3-5 years minimum and a lot can, and has, changed in the college basketball landscape in such a time period. I know the Valley committee is thinking that they were being forward looking with this pick. However, the problem may be, will there be a worthwhile future for the Valley by then.

Comment

Working...
      X