POLL: Who do you want to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Who do you want to play?

Interesting, an 8 page debate on the kstate board and unfortunately, and 11 page debate on the Phog (Haters from JoCo against WSU) regarding playing WSU.
    I somewhat feel that most of Shockernetters are somewhat apathetic to playing KU or kstate, and there seems to be much more interest in those schools about whether they should play the Shockers.

Therefore, who'd you rather play in a 1:1 game?
    Kansas
    22.86%
    kstate
    2.86%
    Louisville
    54.29%
    VCU
    6.67%
    Ohio State
    2.86%
    Creighton
    10.48%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Veritas; April 14, 2013, 12:24 PM.

Neither. We don't need them.

Comment

Can I vote Loyola-Chicago?
      Livin the dream

Comment

I'd like to challenge the Shockernet universe and see if we can go an entire year without mentioning KU/KSU and WSU under the same breath. WE HAVE NO HISTORY with these programs. What history we do have is so minuscule and irrelevant it has no bearing on present day. Can't we just let it die!?!

Oh and I would have loved to have seen Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina in that group. Those three are definitely at the top of my wish list. We've beaten Gonzaga and VCU, now it's time for Butler to join that group of power non-BCS programs I would like to see the Shox match up with.

Comment

Let me be clear. We SHOULD play KSU and KU in some fashion on a regular basis. It's stupid to think otherwise.

That being said, the asshole fans (not all fans mind you, just the assholeish ones) at these 2 schools can kiss my Final Four ass. Unless they want a home and home they can go to hell.

I have no problem playing Louisville, even if it's a buy game. CU also can go to hell unless it's a home and home. Love to get a series going with VCU.

But since the question isn't clearly stated, I assume it's a one game choice next year, and in that case, I choose Louisville. At a minimum, their coach, players and fan base will give us respect.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            I'd like to challenge the Shockernet universe and see if we can go an entire year without mentioning KU/KSU and WSU under the same breath. WE HAVE NO HISTORY with these programs. What history we do have is so minuscule and irrelevant it has no bearing on present day. Can't we just let it die!?!

Oh and I would have loved to have seen Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina in that group. Those three are definitely at the top of my wish list. We've beaten Gonzaga and VCU, now it's time for Butler to join that group of power non-BCS programs I would like to see the Shox match up with.
            Then stay off phog.ass Mr. Hypocrisy.

Comment

I think we should be playing one or the other every year. Would be pretty easy to work out a nice rotation.

It is simply the right thing to do and I think would be great for basketball and basketball fans in the State of Kansas.

It takes an extremely simple-minded, self-centered group of people not to be willing to do this, but that is what we are dealing with. No sense obsessing over it. They don't want to play the Shocks and they should not be forced to. We have proven we can get to where we want to go without them. Until their attitude changes, which may be never, then we just need to pursue other alternatives.

Go Shocks!
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 13, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I've made it no secret that I go over there from time-to-time. When I read their Shocker rants, I make damn certain that their information is correct. For example, a thread was created about a week ago titled something like "KU Sucks".

I go in there and the author says he was watching a video clip of the Shocker pep rally at the Koch to celebrate the FF team and the crowd was cheering 'KU Sucks" when the team was entering the court. As usual, the KU fans took this as gospel when obviously, the Shocker fans were cheering "Thank you Shox". I felt compelled to clear this up and added by two cents. I have a scout account and I've posted on Ohio State's, Kansas State's, Tennessee's, and other boards about WSU too. Hope that clarifies it for you ass napkin.

Comment

I would love to play any of those teams 1:1 and there are many others that could be added to that list.

Now what we want and what we get often do not work out as we all well know.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    I've made it no secret that I go over there from time-to-time.

I didn't say you did. You suggested that Shocker fans not talk about KU KSU and WSU in the same sentence. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of that comment, given your somewhat regular appearances on jocodouchenozzle.net

And ass napkin is not helpful.....it's not what we're looking for.

Comment

I understand KC... I think though that there are some fans of certain schools that over-inflate the actual interest of the schools playing eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        Interesting, an 8 page debate on the kstate board and unfortunately, and 11 page debate on the Phog (most probably JoCo haters) regarding playing WSU.
                        I somewhat feel that most of Shockernetters are somewhat apathetic to playing KU or kstate.

Therefore, who'd you rather play in a 1:1 game?
                        hmm.. interesting indeed.

kansas or louisville, either would be ideal- and telecast by espn. that would be sweet.

Comment

An A-10 schedule is my vote. Piss on this poor excuse of an addition. MVC is one bid now if WSU starts winning the tourney.

Comment

KU/K-State: The excuses to not play us piss me off more than any actual desire to play them.

Louisville: I would LOVE to get a single game rematch with them. Win or lose it'd be a great game, and I like Louisville fans.

Creighton: I think we need to have a yearly neutral site game against Creighton in Kansas City. It's the perfect midway point between our two programs. Get the game sponsored, put it on TV, split the revenue 50/50, and we both get good exposure in KC. I can't think of any reason why either side wouldn't want this to happen.

VCU: That's going to happen anyway when we join the A-10.

Ohio State: Pft.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I don't see the big deal about mentioning KU or KSU. I really don't think they come up that often. Go look at the KSU and KU scout boards, and they mention us just as often or more often.

There is a lot of cross-pollination b/t the schools so it isn't unnatural for those programs to be mentioned on here occasionally.

Based on the comments in the threads on both boards about playing WSU, clearly there are parts of both of their fan bases that are feeling a bit nervous about WSU. I have yet to read anything rational about why they oppose playing a neutral site game in KC.

However, if given a choice, I would rather play Louisville or a number of other teams in a neutral site game before KU and KSU. Though the Big 12 is going to be down next year, I think that KSU might struggle a bit so next year would be a great year to kick the Kitties arst.

Who knows, maybe KU and KSU are both befuddled how WSU could finish ranked above both teams for the second time in seven years. I am sure there are fans of both schools who could not fathom that might happen once every 50 years - or ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X