Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you excited about for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    Going undefeated in the Valley? I'm not going to look it up, but maybe it happened once or twice. Would be great but highly unlikely. And for percent of winning each Valley game next year, probably would average around no more than 60% or so even if we are great. That would make the sat on winning every game in the Valley about impossible but it is just a sat. LOL I remember many Creighton fans thinking they would go undefeated last year. And not very many years ago Illinois State after a fast non-conference start against weak teams were thinking along those lines. I'm not for sure why this debate is going, just because one poster said they were looking forward to a perfect mark in Valley play?
    It's bad Karma to talk about going undefeated in any sport.

Comment

If you use last years RPI numbers of the teams that will be in the valley you would have the following:

4 games vs 200+
      10 games vs 101-200
      4 games vs 51-100
      0 games vs 26-50

or (.95^4) x (.9^10) x (.76^4) = 9.5% chance of going undefeated or an average 87.7% chance of winning each game.

JH4P's numbers gives us an average 83.1% chance for each game or closer to the 85-90% range than the 70-75% range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Wow Cdizzle. I'm flabergasted. Are you really saying all projections based on history are absolutely worthless?
        I'm saying a person can make a large set of historical statistical data project anything they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I'm saying a person can make a large set of historical statistical data project anything they want.
          3 out of 4 Dentist agree with Cdizzle, while the other 3 out of 4 Dentist agree with JH4P.

Comment

Comment

Was there an actual point to that "article"?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Seems like much to do about nothing.
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Somebody gets to say they were a "journalist"?

Comment

Some guy trying to get hits on a web site wrote an absolute puff piece so he could include the words, "Wichita State" in the article - since "Wichita State" is the current fad in college basketball.

It is kind of interesting that WSU got more people to the award banquet - uh, ceremony - than Loyola gets to its games.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think we go 15-3 next year in conference. It will mostly depend on just how good our post play is, and the rebounding??? So that says, just how good is Coleby and Morris? And will Lufile improve to more than just a role player? Armstead also made a lot of 3's last year at crucial game times, who will replace that shooting? I think Baker will some, but I think we also have to have Van Vleet or someone else step up too! Perhaps Wessel can step back up again or Carter?

I am not worried about conference as much as non-con and being able to get back to the Big Dance!!!

Comment

• Nick needs to come back and command a lot of minutes next year. His shooting and slashing abilities will really help the team if he can get better on D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Nick needs to come back and command a lot of minutes next year. His shooting and slashing abilities will really help the team if he can get better on D.
                          Nick needs to really commit and submit to Kerry. Apparently, last summer he blew off the weight room workouts (at least that's what HCGM implied at the "open" practice). He needs that to get to the rim and finish.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Nick needs to really commit and submit to Kerry. Apparently, last summer he blew off the weight room workouts (at least that's what HCGM implied at the "open" practice). He needs that to get to the rim and finish.
                            ... Nick & Cle both need to #TrainAngry during the off-season.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              ... Nick & Cle both need to #TrainAngry during the off-season.
                              Cle was "soft" last year. A little work from Nick and Cle will go a LOOOOOOOOONG way next year!

Also, Fred, Evan, Tekele, and Ron are studs!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I doubt that we have any players going into the off season without a blueprint of what they need to work on/improve at. We were good last year bot we can improve a bit everywhere. Not prefect but we can work towards it.

Comment

Working...
                                X