Coaches Show - 01/28/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Show - 01/28/08

1. AJ Hawkins dislocated his 2nd toe and is out (as a practice player).

2. MB - decision time is very close. Score is 0, has another test to take, must see a Dr., then another hurdle. Coach believe Matt is not going through this all if he wasn't going to considering on making a comeback. But Coach is zero pressure and not is getting his hopes up because it's Matt's decision. He's assuming he's not going to be back.

3. First Caller - city deserves a national championship and Marshall is the one to bring. Also gave some advice on how coach could improve Gals shooting.

Coach - Gal has hard time in creating shot and when he forces it he misses. Coach doesn't want him to shoot "jackknife" shots.

4. 2nd Caller - Can Stutz play the No. 4 position?

HCGM answered by talking about Stutz and the recruits and how good of years they were having.

Said it's possible he could depending on matchups. He said he was an athlete who became "big".

5. Question on change in pre-game introduction. Coach said this is the most quiet, docile, reserved, layed-back team he's ever coached. He was suprised about it because it was out of character and then they didn't come out and play well. He told them after the game, don't to contrived stuff, if it comes from the heart, genuine, and is good taste then it's great, but you better be able to come out and back it up.

6. Had to replace home uniforms due to it having a 100 year MVC patch. They tried taking it off, but had problems and ruined uniforms and that is why they had to replace (unfortunately late).

7. AJ Hawkins is best athlete. Little better shooter than PJ (just a little). He will be 3-man, who will slash to the basket. Guard all over the floor. PJ is very tough, he's hoping Hawkins will show the same toughness.

Re: Coaches Show - 01/28/08

Originally posted by SB Shock
    3. First Caller - city deserves a national championship and Marshall is the one to bring. Also gave some advice on how coach could improve Gals shooting.

HA! :roll:

Thanks for the rundown.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

The last question of the night was interesting. The caller asked how we could get out of the bottom of the Valley and HCGM automatically started talking about next year.

Mike tried to help him out and clarify that he was talking about this year, but I think that goes to what HCGM's expectations are for the rest of the year.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        The last question of the night was interesting. The caller asked how we could get out of the bottom of the Valley and HCGM automatically started talking about next year.

Mike tried to help him out and clarify that he was talking about this year, but I think that goes to what HCGM's expectations are for the rest of the year.
        I think coach went in to "we'll get 'em next year" mode a few games back. It's my only knock on the guy. I think it's his coping strategy since he hasn't dealt with a tough season in so long.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Coach knows as well as we do that it's going to be tough to win many more games this year. He's said from day one that we have little margin for error. When you add in the injuries we have virtually no margin for error. I don't doubt that he and the players are going to do everything the can to win as many as they can. But if the question was how to get out of the bottom of the Valley there really is only one answer. Wait 'til next year.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X