Jans to Interview @ FGCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jans to Interview @ FGCU

He has applied and will get an interview.

Deserving, but would hate to see him go.

I remember just how much Boyle leaving hurt Turgeon's staff.
    Above all, make the right call.

Absolutely deserving. Can't think it's his first though....what other jobs have been open? I thought the USA job would have been a good option, but getting the Butler assistant certainly looks like a good hire too.

When I think about Jans leaving, I too only can think Turgeon minus Boyle.

Comment

But Coach has shown ability to land top notch assistants. Unfortunately others will desire them.

I hope he gets it and wish him luck. We will be just fine.

Comment

I actually think we have a GREAT chance to keep him right here. He really likes it here...his family LOVES it here. He's learned from the king of "not being a jumper".

I'm sure Jans is ready to be the "man" but I doubt he's ready to take a pay cut. I have a feeling ADES in coordination with HCGM will find a way to keep one of the best assistants in the country right here.

Comment

Good for Jans. Most coaches want to be the head coach at some point. I think I heard that the former coach at FGCU was making $157,000. I'm guessing that the next one will be making more money.

Comment

They'll surely have more fan interest now, but that's a big contrast going from a loose ship (Enfield) to a tight one (Jans).

Comment

Jans would be a good fit down there and Marshall has lobbied publicly for Jans to be considered for a head coaching gig.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                They'll surely have more fan interest now, but that's a big contrast going from a loose ship (Enfield) to a tight one (Jans).
                You are correct about that. It would be a drastic change in style/philosophy. There's not doubt in my mind that Jans is more than ready to be a head coach. I'm not entirely sure this would be the best situation for him, but he'll know a lot more about that than I do.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Good. Jans really crapped the bed against Louisville this year. I'm sick of the mediocrity around here. Time to get an assistant that can take us places.

Against Louisville:
                  HC3GM? Perfect.
                  Our players? Perfect.
                  Referees? Perfect.
                  ACCJ? Terrible!

Example #1: I noticed HC3GM had to refill his own Gatorade cup. Get in the game Jans!!!? Coach has important in-game situational masterminding to do -- how could you let him be distracted by an almost empty cup!?!?!

Example #2: EO goes to the line and airballs a free throw. He subs out for offense, and what? Did you see Coach Jans stroking his ego, letting him know it would be okay? NO!! Did you see Coach Jans giving EO a deep tissue shoulder rub massage? NO!!! Does it take a rocket scientist to see that his shoulders were so tight that he just couldn't get the ball to the rim?

That loss is on Jans. Period.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Would be a pay cut for him. But also give him a great opportunity. I think we start losing out on Chipola players if this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      Would be a pay cut for him. But also give him a great opportunity. I think we start losing out on Chipola players if this happens.
                      I think Greg Haier is a more recent Chipola connection than Jans.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I think Greg Haier is a more recent Chipola connection than Jans.
                        Haier more recently correct? They both coached there?

Comment

Yes. On above.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                            Haier more recently correct? They both coached there?
                            IIRC, Haier was HC there just a few years ago (prior to joining Eustacy at USM). Perhaps when Hannah was there? Jans was a decade or so.

Comment

From a Florida newspaper re: the FGCU position- (Kavanagh is the AD):
                              "Other coaches with strong credentials contacting Kavanagh included associate headcoaches Tim Buckley of Indiana, Bobby Lutz of N.C. State and Chris Jans of Wichita State. “I’m sure you are getting bombarded,” Indiana State head coach Greg Lansing wrote in supporting fellow Missouri Valley Conference coach Jans,who shares the same connection with Kavanagh through his 13 years as Bradley athletic director before moving to FGCU in 2009. “He plays a huge part in theShockers’ success,” Lansing wrote of this year’s Final Four qualifier. “He would do very well for you.” Kavanagh, who conducted the search for Enfield himself two years ago and is working without a search firm again this time around, left for the Final Four in Atlanta late last week. Wichita State lost on Saturday."
                              Potentialcandidates for the vacant FGCU men’s basketball coaching position, based on areview of FGCU documents obtained through a public records request.Distinctions are not made below between candidates contacting FGCU directly and those using agents or intermediaries, with whom FGCU athletic director KenKavanagh said he will not work.
                              Listing is alphabetical for Division-I applicants only.
                              TimBuckley, Indiana associate head coach
                              Travis Conlan, Michigan director of basketball operations
                              Jim Corrigan, former Old Dominion associate/interim head coach
                              Shawn Finney, UCF associate head coach
                              Robert Gonzalez, former Seton Hall head coach
                              Andy Hipsher, USF assistant
                              Chris Jans, Wichita State associate head coach
                              Mike Jaskulski, former UAB assistant
                              Chris Jent, Ohio State assistant
                              Ryan Krueger, Lehigh assistant
                              Bobby Lutz, N.C. State associate head coach
                              Eric Musselman, Arizona State assistant
                              Anthony Peeler, Virginia Union assistant
                              Chris Pompey, Seton Hall assistant
                              Eric Snow, Southern Methodist assistant
                              Kevin Sutton, George Washington assistant
                              Vince Taylor, former Minnesota assistant
                              Corey Williams, Florida State assistant

Last edited by Rixtoy1; April 10, 2013, 10:46 AM.
                              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X