About students, inside info, "I talk with Coach",

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About students, inside info, "I talk with Coach",

I don't think there's a prejudice against students. I don't think there's any problems when some posters have access to players and others don't.

The problem comes up when someone says, "I talked to _________, and they said..." Or, "I talked to the coach and here's what's happening...".

If you talk to the coaches or the players, please respect that those conversations were private. Respect and maintain the confidentiality of private conversations.

Those of us who've known players, have connections in the Athletic Dept., etc. generally don't put it on the Net. We may have heard something that isn't meant to get into the public or fuel Internet rumors.

If Ramon got his wheels detailed, added a new racing stripe - that's fine. If Ramon said he's never seen so many guys on one team working so hard, someone will ask why he didn't say "everybody" instead of "so many guys".

Rather than watch every word you type, it's better just to know you're a friend of someone, can talk to them freely - and not share that with the rest of us.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

For most people who really know something, the reality of that coming to an abrupt end should be enough of a deterrent to keep your special knowledge out of public view. Violate that trust once, have it come back to bite you and you will never be trusted with anything ever again.

Comment

Thank You for bringing this up, Aargh.

Many people on here have connections to team so don't look for reverence and attention when you name drop.

I've actually been impressed that a few things I've heard or seen haven't made it on to this board from those too stupid to think before they post.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
        For most people who really know something, the reality of that coming to an abrupt end should be enough of a deterrent to keep your special knowledge out of public view. Violate that trust once, have it come back to bite you and you will never be trusted with anything ever again.
        Nail on the head ;)
        Jocks & Jills
        3236 N. Rock Rd
        Wichita, KS 67226
        316-260-9800
        http://www.jocks-jills.com
        http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Yes. Those with inside knowledge would no longer have it if they reported everything on Shockernet. And eventually, if you do post everything, you'll quit getting that information.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
            Yes. Those with inside knowledge would no longer have it if they reported everything on Shockernet. And eventually, if you do post everything, you'll quit getting that information.
            Which is why you should just ignore anyone who comes on here to say I know coach will do/won’t do xy&z because he told me this and I talk to him all the time.

For some of you young’ns you’d probably be amazed and/or envious of the things discussed in PM’s that never hit the board…for which you will never be privy to.

Comment

This thread needs to die, quickly.

It is fast becoming a "Ha Ha, we're better than you because we have the right friends and you can't keep your mouths shut" thread....
              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
              Students > Alumni
              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

That's not the way I intended it fastbow. My point is, if you post everything you hear on the internet, you're not going to hear as much. It's human nature and it has certainly been my experience.

Think of it as advice from an old man who has been posting on this forum since it opened. Sometimes a little discretion goes a long way.
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

This one time. At Band Camp. I stuck my foot in my mouth when I let it be known that my cousin dates Greg Marshall's housekeeper's neice and she said...
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Re: About students, inside info, "I talk with Coach&quo

Originally posted by Aargh
                    If Ramon got his wheels detailed, added a new racing stripe - that's fine.
                    Would those wheels be the 2.5 inch chrome spinners on his skateboard? Major bling!
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I thought this thread concerned quotes like "I talk with Gisele Bundchen ... but then I wake up" (i.e. silly, humorous comments).

"I talk with coach Marshall often; `Would you like fries with that burger, coach Marshall?' "

;-) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X