No announcement yet.

Players leaving and players coming in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players leaving and players coming in.

Hall-Senior
    Armstead-Senior
    Williams-Senior
    Orupke-Senior

Saw something else about Kadeem Coleby leaving, yet he isn't shown even on the roster (per espn)?

There was a hack article saying KC was gone since on Go shockers he's listed as a SR.all of our older articles says he plays for us in 2013-14. I always thought he is of center next year. any one have better info from what I glened looking at stuff.
    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

kind of what i thought too.

Comment

I wouldnt think his departure would be likely at all after sitting out this year. He is gonna step in right away and start, I would think. I see him leaving as making zero sense.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

he's still on the roster. This was his transfer year, he plays next year:

Comment

guess it was just poor reporting as usual in the article!

so who is coming in this year/ eligable to play that wasn't available this season?

Coleby
            shaq morris (sp?)

Comment

Kadeem Coleby is on the Shocker roster.

Please post the link to what you saw about Kadeem leaving. I'm not buying into this very sketchy (at best)...not even sure what to call it!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

so who is coming in this year/ eligable to play that wasn't available this season?

Coleby
                shaq morris (sp?)
                Coleby - SR
                Shaq Morris - FR
                Ria'n Holland - FR
                DJ Bowles - FR
                Earl Watson - JR
                Darius Carter - JR

Something will change with the current roster. I don't see two people in this group, or on the current roster, paying their own way. We currently sit at 15 committed to scholarships and only 13 are allowed.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Coleby
                  shaq morris (sp?)
                  Players on the roster who sat out this year include Kadeem Coleby and Derail Green. Zach Bush, a walk-on also, redshirted this year.

We have two Juco transfers - Earl Watson and Darius Carter, both in the 6-7 range I believe.

Incoming freshman include Shaq Morris 6-8, DJ Bowles 6-2 and Rian Holland 6-0.

We also have another guard out of the OKC area whose name escapes me who will be a preferred walk-on.

As thing stand right now we are two over the scholarship limit so some adjustments will be made. Some have questioned whether Ben Watson will make it, but he talks like he is coming.

As 3G has said before he knows how to count so I'm pretty sure he already knows how this is going to shake out, but it could be a while before we know what the bottom line is.

Comment

Earl Watson :D
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

SCHOLIE
                      PG- FVV, Bowles, Holland
                      2G- Baker, TC
                      3G/SF- EW, NW, DG
                      PF- CE, SM, DC, JW
                      C- KC, Earl W, CL

Walk-on
                      G- JR Simon, Zach Bush

Roster as of now, I think.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        SCHOLIE
                        PG- FVV, Bowles, Holland
                        2G- Baker, TC
                        3G/SF- EW, NW, DG
                        PF- CE, SM, DC, JW
                        C- KC, Earl W, CL

Walk-on
                        G- JR Simon, Zach Bush

Roster as of now, I think.
                        Looks right to me. I have my guesses on who won't be on the roster next year but since it is 100% total speculation I probably should keep that to myself. Plus that saves me the embarrassment of being proved wrong when the dust does finally settle.

Comment

Why it would make sense for Andrew Wiggins to Wichita State.

Andrew Wiggins is a taciturn high school phenom, but his talent spoke for itself during Wednesday’s McDonald’s All-American game. Wiggins tallied a team-high 19 points for the East. On Tuesday, he launched a vicious, 360 degree, betwe

Comment

ahhh I see!
                            hate to see anyone have to leave

here is the article, directly from the frontpage of yahoo.com

The Shockers' heart and soul, all-energy forward Carl Hall, will have graduated, and senior guard Malcolm Armstead - whose poise was so crucial in March - will be gone. Role players Ehimen Orukpe, Demetric Williams and Kadeem Coleby will also move on with their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Kadeem Coleby is on the Shocker roster.

Please post the link to what you saw about Kadeem leaving. I'm not buying into this very sketchy (at best)...not even sure what to call it!
                              Let me help you with what to call it, 1972: an ignorant, uninformed mistake by whoever wrote it. Apparently he didn't bother to look at the stats to see that "role player" Coleby's role was to sit out as a transfer.

Coleby has played three years (and is thus a senior in terms of athletic eligibility); he may well be a senior academically too. But his fellow transfer Malcolm Armstead would have been listed as a senior at this time last year too, for the same reasons -- and I think it's safe to say that MA did more than just show up this season.

Kadeem is a very good player who's already had some success in college, and is eagerly anticipated by the coaches as WSU's starting center next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X