When I read these comments I realize what we have gained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I read these comments I realize what we have gained

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/losin...urt-slideshow/ The first pic is of Ron and Evan- Read the comments below the pics. So Proud

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...09--ncaab.html Good article but again read the comments:p
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

We have fans all over the world now. Sometimes you win the war even when you lose the battle. Saw on Twitter where one fan was watching the replay of the game with the announcers speaking Catalonian... We made a huge statement in this tournament and in this game. Proud doesn't begin to describe what most Shocker fans feel...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The interesting thing is that Non-shocker fans seem to be more upset with the officiating than Shocker fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The interesting thing is that Non-shocker fans seem to be more upset with the officiating than Shocker fans are.
        Definitely. And that is good to read. Shocker fans are too full of pride to complain. We got a great shot at a great team and almost took them down.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

One comment on the first link makes reference to the Spartans against the Persians. Interestingly, shortly after the game Saturday night I'm flipping through channels and the end of 300 was on, and movie making liberties with actual history aside, I always enjoy the speech given by Dilios.

The 2012-13 team has set the benchmark. Now to go to work on surpassing it.
          Last edited by ShockBand; April 7, 2013, 10:32 PM.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Amazing! The national fanbase is more upset with the officiating than WSU fans. Maybe that's cause we play in the MVC and are used to that kind of officiating in our games.

I think that will change. Creighton can't be Elgin's team any more and WSU has kind of forced the Valley to respect the Shox.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I can't believe RDR hasn't started a thread "Shockers trending upward". NIT appearance, next year NIT Champions, next year NCAA appearance, next year Final Four. That looks like a team that is trending upward to me. I only used RDR because he likes to use facts and figures when ever he makes a point.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I can't believe RDR hasn't started a thread "Shockers trending upward". NIT appearance, next year NIT Champions, next year NCAA appearance, next year Final Four. That looks like a team that is trending upward to me. I only used RDR because he likes to use facts and figures when ever he makes a point.
                I confess that I prefer to speak with facts, but I do not always do so. Sometimes I fail to do so with accuracy.

Most everyone knows what President Reagan said about facts.

I seldom predict game outcomes, but I do hope.

I hope we dominate the Valley for the next several years.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

A thing noticed by several students while exiting after the game...

The Michigan Student Section, while waiting for their turn to go down, gave the WSU students the flying W and lots a "great game Shox" comments.

Classy.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    take a cold shower

Comment

Elliot School of Commuicaitons poeple are in Vegas today for a Broadcast Education Association conference...
                      "Cool thing happened today. When the students and I checked in at the BEA registration desk this morning in Las Vegas, several if us got comments about our basketball team and school. How nice to be "on the map."
                      Thanks, basketball team. You did this. #representangry"
                      Last edited by HarpBros; April 10, 2013, 07:38 PM.
                      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

This was a defining moment of the entire trip for me. Just five minutes after the loss, here we were as students making the down trodden trek out of the stadium only to see maybe one of the most revered fan bases in all of college sports showing not just class but also RESPECT. I'm not sure that I had completely wrapped my head around the impact of what this team had accomplished before that moment. It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

Comment

Remember I have been with you since before you won your NIT title. I really wanted that 2011 team to make the Big Dance I really thought if you had won the MVC tournament you could have been a 12/13 seed type team that could have gone far.
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

new love
                            http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1597019-biggest-winners-and-losers-of-the-2013-ncaa-basketball-tournament/page/2

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rnament/page/7

Malcolm Armstead, Wichita State: Named West Region's most outstanding player.
                            Cleanthony Early, Wichita State: Led all players in points and rebounds during Final Four match-up with Louisville.
                            Carl Hall, Wichita State: Leading rebounder and second-leading scorer for West region champions.
                            Last edited by HarpBros; April 9, 2013, 10:29 AM.
                            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Working...
                            X