When is it OK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it OK...

...to voice the complaint of a 50% increase in SASO donation requirements for those in rows 25-27? I'd be fine with a larger increase than normal, but I'm not OK with 3 rows of donors/FANS being forced to move from one donor payment level to another when others aren't. Now, I realize that those donors/FANS also have the option of giving up their seats, joining the donor level above row 27, and choosing from available seats (meaning top row - scattered around the arena). Just wondering when the appropriate time is to start this discussion.

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
    ...to voice the complaint of a 50% increase in SASO donation requirements for those in rows 25-27? I'd be fine with a larger increase than normal, but I'm not OK with 3 rows of donors/FANS being forced to move from one donor payment level to another when others aren't. Now, I realize that those donors/FANS also have the option of giving up their seats, joining the donor level above row 27, and choosing from available seats (meaning top row - scattered around the arena). Just wondering when the appropriate time is to start this discussion.
    You can complain all you want, but before you do, go out and do some research and see what other top flight programs get for their donation requirements.

It is college basketball and it takes money - lots of money - plain and simple to bankroll scholarships for all the student-athletes.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      It is college basketball and it takes money - lots of money.
      Only if you want to compete with the big boys. Are we satisfied?

Comment

Got my SASO bill and have already written the check. I'm ok with it.

Comment

Never said I don't want any increase - just want to know if you would be OK with your SASO donation going up 50%, while everyone else has a 6% increase? I'm all for playing with the BIG BOYS, but don't find it to my liking that three rows of fans will be doing it at a significant increase in donations. Are you willing to pony up your current SASO donation plus another half of it, while nobody else is being forced to? Just wondering.

Comment

Depends on what the actual numbers are. 50% tells me nothing.

Comment

Look, I'm not trying to stir crap, I don't really care what anyone else's SASO donation is, I know what mine is. I still see it as a good value for me, so I renew. If it's not a good value for you then don't.

Comment

There is the option to move back a couple of rows in order to avoid the increase. While it may not be popular to increase the required donation I have a feeling that there are plenty of people out there who will be more than willing to pony up.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

If you think the $ amount you are talking about is a problem now, wait until there is another re-seating of the arena (probably gonna happen sooner than later). If you're going to play like the big boys, you're pay like them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    There is the option to move back a couple of rows in order to avoid the increase. While it may not be popular to increase the required donation I have a feeling that there are plenty of people out there who will be more than willing to pony up.
                    And many are probably in the seats behind you.

Comment

Seriously? Percentage tells you everything. Doesn't matter if it's originally $300 and now it's $450, or if it was $10,000 and now it's $15,000. Everyone has a threshold. My real question though is...is it OK to require this of only those fans in rows 25-27?

Comment

I used to have a row 25 season ticket. I wanted to upgrade and inquired how much extra it would be. It would have cost me an additional $1,200 to move to row 24. I didn't have a long SASO history, so that may have factored in, but 2 years ago, there was a huge price differential between row 24 and 25. I suspect they brought rows 25-27 more into line with what the seats below that level cost.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Seriously? Percentage tells you everything. Doesn't matter if it's originally $300 and now it's $450, or if it was $10,000 and now it's $15,000. Everyone has a threshold. My real question though is...is it OK to require this of only those fans in rows 25-27?
                          Yes, it's OK if those areas are relatively underpriced and need to be brought up to market value. Now whether that is the case or not I don't really know. (Edit: Sounds like that may be the case based on Aargh's post above)

While I hate to see anyone priced out of being able to attend games it is unfortunately a numbers game and with this Final Four run any seats given up will probably go pretty fast.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 7, 2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

They'll be taken by bandwagon fans who'll be gone at the first sign of problems. Currently, you've got people in those seats who've been there through everything. It's just too bad one group of fans have to be singled out.

Comment

Sounds like I got out at the right time. I was already pushed to the limit and a little beyond. No way I'd have survived an increase like this. I was in the same rows as the ones being discussed.

And I don't know if "bringing them inline" is really the case. They always do it by sections and at some point, one row to the next is a huge jump. Sounds like now the huge jump will be between 27 and 28. There are also huge jumps lower but I don't recall which rows that one falls between.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X