What a Great Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Great Experience

The Final Four experience from the time my wife and I left home to drive to Atlanta til 4 hours after the game ended (washing down our sorrows in a Decatur bar) was tremendous. Naturally not because of the outcome, but because of the good wishes and warmth we received from fans from all over this nation.

Because we were going to two functions Friday night, we were wearing our Shocker tee shirts. At every restaurant we stopped at, at the rest stop, and even at the gas station, we were greeted by numerous well wishers supporting WSU. Even had a female come up to me andsay, "I'm a KU fan and I am really pulling for you guys towin every game." Which as much as I despise KU, I thought she was great.

And the same held true throughout Atlanta. We were warmly greeted everywhere to include people even walking by, smiling and wishing us success. And the Michiganand Syracuse fans were exceptionally friendly as well. And not totally, I think, because they thought they would rather play us than Louisville. I have to further state that the Louisville fans as well were most complimentary as well Several stated that other than their own team, they favored us secondly.

I have never in my life felt more proud in being a Shocker and was most proud to see the same sportsmanship being displayed by the fans of the other schools as well. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but if so, that was not my experience.

And it was especially great to meet a number of shockernetter's at Taco Macs on Friday night.

Some reporter commented in today's Atlanta paper, "That in last night's game against Louisville, the Shocker Nation consisted of everyonewho was not a Louisville fan." Perhaps some may have been cheering for us from a selfish reason, but certainly not all, as it is still very evident this great nation still pulls for the underdog.

The day after this loss may not seem to be 'A great day' but it is still 'A GREAT DAY TO BE A SHOCKER' and there will be even greater daysto come.
    Last edited by 60Shock; April 7, 2013, 04:19 PM.

I agree

We had a long but great trip back. Fully decked out in our Shocker gear, almost every stop someone wanted to congratulate us or talk about the game. It didn't matter what state we stopped. An older gentleman walked up to us in a restraurant and said, "It was a great game". "We were cheering for you". With our car having Shocker symbols on it, people got our attention on the road. In Illinois a car passed us and the two ladies in the front seat gave us "thumbs up" as they went by. But the best was east of Kansas City. A dirty white pickup pulled in the lane next to us. An older man leaned over to get my attention and tried his best to give me the "Shocker" hand signal with his right hand! Not able to get that finger bent he gave me a "thumbs up", and with a great big smile drove on to 3 -4 car lengths ahead. Then he started slowing down and moved a lane over so I would be passing him. As we drove by he gave the Shocker hand sign with his left hand with another great big grin!

It's a great time to be a Shocker!

Comment

Those are great stories!!!! My entire family, which roots hard for either, KSU or KU, were all pulling hard for WSU....I did not get that, because I 'm not sure I could root hard for them!:)

Comment

Working...
      X