No announcement yet.

Too early for MVC talk next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleby and Green. Come forth young men and take what is yours!
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Coleby and Green. Come forth young men and take what is yours!
      Is it just me or does it seem like Green is a step slow and needs to work on his agility. Obviously we have not seen him in an in game situation, but...

Comment

It COULD be Zack Bush I suppose.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by _ShockU_ View Post
          Is it just me or does it seem like Green is a step slow and needs to work on his agility. Obviously we have not seen him in an in game situation, but...
          How can he seem a step slow if we haven't seen him? From what I recall he needed to work on his D. Was that due to not having to play D in HS and working on those skills or was it lack of quickness? I don't recall. But I have no doubt that this kid is going to be a factor.

Although, 3G could have been talking about Wessel as well...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

WSU should be the Valley darling now. Maybe a player like Cotton will get credit for being one of the best defenders next Seson in the Valley because he was sure easily among that group this Season whether they wanted to acknowledge it or not. Early could be the POY in the Valley.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Early has to be one of the favorites for POY. Only challenge could really come from Andrew Wiggins :)

Cotton has to be a favorite for DPOY no matter what the D Team looked like this season.

I don't know about FOY. Not sure who brings in what. If we have an option, I'd guess Shaq could get enough PT to be a player. But that depends on what our roster looks like when this all shakes out.

COY should go to 3G for dominating the league. IF Lansing can challenge for the top spot, he could get it.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I saw both Green and Toure Murry play ball in high school. I'm telling you, Green was the superior player. He gets knocked for his defense but that's because he's 6'8" and basically a guard. It's tough for a guy like that to guard a jiiterbug. Maybe he can put on some bulk and become a stretch 4 down the road but right now the dude is a 3 point shooting machine. I'm excited to see him play next year, he adds a dimension we don't really have on this team.

Comment

I like the fact that we have guys like Derail and Cle who can play in/out. It sounds like Derail might be more out but Ill be honest I dont really know. we could go with some very big lineups next year with everyone but the PG being 6'8 and over.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    COY should go to 3G for dominating the league.
                    I really don't mind COY going to coaches who do more than they should with less. Could see Marty Simmons getting it if Evansville is in the top 3-4.

I'm really excited about our roster next year. I love that I have no idea who are starters will be, just like last year ... not because we lost starters, but because we have eight guys I could see starting. I'd say Fred Van Vleet and Early are the only two guys on the roster that I absolutely know will be starting.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I would be very surprised if Coleby does not start, though I guess not having seen him hard to be 100% confident. Baker seems pretty likely as well unless Cle starts at the 3, which I don't anticipate but which would precipitate a major rugby scrum for limited time at the 2.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Only way Coleby doesn't start is if he's injured.

We could go HUGE at times next year with Coleby, Carter, Early, Cotton and Baker (or even Wessel and Cotton).

Any by "HUGE" I mean welcome to the gun show, that team in Iowa just soiled their drawers at us in short sleeves huge. And it would still be the fastest and most athletic team in the MVC.

Comment

Sub Wessel in for Cotton and I'd agree with huge. :) I like the extra few inches on the court

We're loaded at the 1-3 spots for sure next year.

1 - FVV, Bowles, Baker, Cotton
                          2 - Baker, Cotton, Wiggins, Wessel
                          3 - Early, Baker, Wiggins, Wessel, Green
                          4 - Carter, Early, White, Green?
                          5 - Coleby, Shaq

This is me assuming that CJ and Watson aren't here and Holland is a redshirt. You can replace someone and add one or both of those guys in where you'd like. Both are probaby 5's that could play some 4 if needed.

But the above appears to be that we could go 12 deep and not lose much. We obviously won't play that many every game, but the options are there if there's foul trouble or injury or someone simply isn't performing. And in a pinch I'm sure either Carter or White could fill in at the 5.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Good Lord am I ever excited for next year.

Comment

We basically have the best and second best teams in the MVC right now. I'd take our first 5 off the bench any day in this league.

Comment

We're loaded at the 4 as well, but I would say at the 2-4. I wouldn't say we're quite loaded at the 1 until we know Bowles can be effective there next year. Baker would do fine but I think we really want him at the 2 and Cotton is a bit of a stretch.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X