Too early for MVC talk next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early for MVC talk next season?

UNI seems to think they'll be good. I'm all for it, go Valley!

We need 1 or 2 team to make some noise in the non-conference season to elevate the Valley's standing. We need it to keep our team sharp in the conference. Don't want to walk through a conference run then get punked by someone because we lost our edge...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

At what point do the other Valley teams start seeing Marshall's strategy of transfers, Juco players, and normal recruits as a blueprint for consistent success?

One of the other 8 teams is going to imitate us at some point, and they should.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

LMAO at UNI, we lost alot more off last year team. Yes we lose some this year, but we will hands down be the favorite going into next season
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          LMAO at UNI, we lost alot more off last year team. Yes we lose some this year, but we will hands down be the favorite going into next season
          I do think it's funny that they point out they're going to lose two of their three best players, but expect to be better than us for losing two of ours. The only difference I see there is that we've proven over the last two seasons we can plug and play and still be successful, while they haven't, and we're coming off a Final Four, while they're coming off a CBI semi-final.

I'm all for UNI being good. I hope at least one other Valley team is going to be able to put together an at-large tournament resume. Best case scenario for the Valley would be for us, UNI, and Indiana State to all have good tournament resumes at the end of the season.
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I heard they're already on the bubble.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              I do think it's funny that they point out they're going to lose two of their three best players, but expect to be better than us for losing two of ours. The only difference I see there is that we've proven over the last two seasons we can plug and play and still be successful, while they haven't, and we're coming off a Final Four, while they're coming off a CBI semi-final.

I'm all for UNI being good. I hope at least one other Valley team is going to be able to put together an at-large tournament resume. Best case scenario for the Valley would be for us, UNI, and Indiana State to all have good tournament resumes at the end of the season.
              Apparently, since the writer only mentions Koch and James, he thinks Sonnen was chop liver. I mean Sonnen only lead UNI in minutes per game, total minutes, by far their best 3 pt man, and slightly ahead of Koch in scoring.

Comment

When you lose two of your top three players and you're UNI it is a big deal. Our program returns seven of its top 11.

See the difference Panthers?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  When you lose two of your top three players and you're UNI it is a big deal. Our program returns seven of its top 11.

Eight of the top 12! Still have Evan.

Comment

Teams like UNI spend 3-4 years building around a core player or two for what they consider "their shot at the title". We're at a point where we are consistently replacing players with even better players. Sorry UNI, but we not only have horses coming back but we have guys at the end of our bench that would start for many valley teams.

Comment

I believe Wichita St. going into next season will be a Pre-Season Top-10 AP Poll team. Possibly even Top-5. Returning starters, top-notch bench with some pretty damn good incomings!!!! It's a GREAT DAY!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Oh......and a TOP tier NCAA Head COACH!!!!!!!!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Top 10 would really surprise me. I think they will look at the loss of Hall and Armstead as being key.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            When you lose three of your top four players and you're UNI it is a big deal. Our program returns seven of its top 11.

Fixed. And that's a bigger deal.

Comment

I hope they pick us to finish 4th
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X