Only the Beginning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only the Beginning...

Wichita State is poised for some incredible success in the future years.
    This ascension is not by luck, but rather by hard work, and a great coach who knows exactly what he is doing.
    During the past four years, the wins of this program are
    2010: 25 wins, NIT 1st Round
    2011: 29 wins, NIT Champions
    2012: 27 wins, NCAA 2nd round
    2013: 30 wins, NCAA Final Four

The returning players have taken a large enough bite of success to know what it tastes like, with just enough disappointed to be hungry to return.
    They know what is required, and they want more.

What does the Final Four mean?
    -- First and foremost, the Shockers need to do what is neccessary to keep HCGM
    -- Easier to recruit
    -- A higher standard of success
    -- More money
    -- Easier to schedule
    -- Better OoC tournament invitations
    -- Opens the door to change conferences (if desired)

With HCGM leading the way, it would not surprise me to see WSU in the Final Four again in the very near future, and the upcoming NCAA success is going to be an on-going dietary supplement that will continue to feed this program to propel it to new heights.

The best is yet to come.

Go Shox!

i have to believe that john kresse put together a masterful scouting report/plan for louisville. man, if that guy came out of retirement and joined wichita state as an assistant (hey, a fella can dream).. national championship for the shox.

Comment

One of the keys to this thing is keeping Chris Jans in the fold until a head coaching job comes along that he just can't pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        i have to believe that john kresse put together a masterful scouting report/plan for louisville. man, if that guy came out of retirement and joined wichita state as an assistant (hey, a fella can dream).. national championship for the shox.
        Similarly, my biggest concern is losing Janz. I know he deserves a HC gig at this point, but I think losing him would be a bigger hit than most appreciate.

Comment

On the flip side, if we lose Jans, we are in a better position to attract an upper tier assistant to fill his shoes.

Comment

Working...
          X