Early stock rising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early stock rising?

Does anybody have an espn INSIDER? Chad Ford posted about Early's NBA interest rising but I can't read his NBA scorecard as I'm not an insider.

They have him as #147 overall and the #32 SF. Projected as a late second rounder/undrafted.

But it sounds like from all the interviews with Marshall that he will be here for his senior year. If he works hard this offseason and improves his strength and ball handling, you have to think he could be a lock for the draft and go as high as the first round.
    Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; April 7, 2013, 11:44 AM.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

PF??? Wouldn't he be SF in the League?

Comment

Oops, you're right. I'll fix.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Stop it people. Early is not even almost ready for the NBA. Marshal said as much so in the post game press conference without going into details. He has improvement to do and will do so as he wears a Shocker uni for one more year...and then a year from now let's talk where in the first round he goes.

Comment

With another year of weight training and skill building he is a late second rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              Stop it people. Early is not even almost ready for the NBA. Marshal said as much so in the post game press conference without going into details. He has improvement to do and will do so as he wears a Shocker uni for one more year...and then a year from now let's talk where in the first round he goes.
              Stop what? I don't see a post here saying he is going to the NBA this year. Note my question mark in the topic. As I noted I can not read espn insider and asked if someone else could. So why don't you stop it, whatever it is you are doing, which I guess would be imagining things that are not happening and then acting outraged over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                With another year of weight training and skill building he is a late second rounder.
                Go be sour elsewhere.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Stop what? I don't see a post here saying he is going to the NBA this year. Note my question mark in the topic. As I noted I can not read espn insider and asked if someone else could. So why don't you stop it, whatever it is you are doing, which I guess would be imagining things that are not happening and then acting outraged over it.
                  All right Mr. Butt Hurt. Reading your original post could EASILY be taken to reflect a dialogue around Early leaving...well early. Put some armor on that skin of yours quick before it thins out even more. Plus there have been other references earlier in the year about this topic. Last I observed, this is a fan board which allows for discussion and opinion. I was trying to insert my 2-cents without insultin anyone, including you. But thin-skin-man shows up from nowhere.

Comment

nm
                    Last edited by Ta town; April 7, 2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                      Does anybody have an espn INSIDER? Chad Ford posted about Early's NBA interest rising but I can't read his NBA scorecard as I'm not an insider.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/...02963272273920
                      Don't know what was said in the rest of this thread but after watching him play he has NBA talent without a doubt.

Comment

I think Early has a good chance to be a first round pick next year. He has the athleticism, and the coordination of an NBA player. What he needs is to round out his skills. Defense and ball handling mostly. The only real problems he has are his age and the depth at his position next year in the draft.

I know that it is an uphill battle for any MVC player to get drafted, but his performance in the Final Four will get him national attention.

Comment

There was a tweet last night that was something like this.

"Player that lost the most money in the tournament: Cody Zeller. Player that Earned Himself the most money: Cleanthony Early"
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

He is such an explosive player with his offensive rebounding already. Depending on how much he improves his handles so that he can drive when teams pressure him from 3, he could easily average 25-30 points a game and take games over. He's that kind of offensive player. We' ve had some great offensive players in the past. However, I'm not sure we've ever had his kind of offensive talent.

Comment

Early definitely got himself on NBA radars with this tournament. I don't think we have anything to worry about as far as him declaring for the draft over the offseason, though.

The progress he's made over the year has been terrific. He's always shown flashes of brilliance offensively, but he's really come on as far as defense, rebounding, and playing smarter.

This is Early's team next year. He should be the favorite for MVC POY. Keep adding strength, be more consistent on offense, continue to eliminate quick fouls that keep taking him out of the game, and he's a first rounder next year. I think he has the potential to put up McDermott numbers on offense AND be elite defensively. Incredible combo.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                              X