Louisville Fan here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Fan here...

First off, its easy to be gracious in victory, I understand. That said, you have one of the best coaches in the college game. He completely out coached Pitino, who was just indicted into the HOF. Your players have a high BBall IQ. If you have a great coach but a bunch of players who dont get what he's saying, youre not in this game. Wichita State was and is not a "cinderella". You went 7-2 against the top 50 RPI. You guys are building something special. Good luck.

I think I'm pulling for y'all to win it all now. I won't watch on Monday though. I can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      I think I'm pulling for y'all to win it all now. I won't watch on Monday though. I can't.
      Yes, I want Louisville to win it all now. But not sure I can bring myself to watch.

Comment

+1.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by TheStranger View Post
          First off, its easy to be gracious in victory, I understand. That said, you have one of the best coaches in the college game. He completely out coached Pitino, who was just indicted into the HOF. Your players have a high BBall IQ. If you have a great coach but a bunch of players who dont get what he's saying, youre not in this game. Wichita State was and is not a "cinderella". You went 7-2 against the top 50 RPI. You guys are building something special. Good luck.
          thanks for the kind, gracious words. good luck in the finals. Well all think marshall is building the program to be where this is no longer a "chance in a lifetime" event, but a national program that is expected to compete with any team in the country like they have done this year.

Comment

Holy hell you guys have a ballclub. I honestly didn't think you'd be able to run with us for 40 minutes but you proved me wrong. Too bad our teams didn't get to meet in the title game. Marshall is a great coach. You guys have a lot to look forward to. Best of luck in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalfan123 View Post
              Holy hell you guys have a ballclub. I honestly didn't think you'd be able to run with us for 40 minutes but you proved me wrong. Too bad our teams didn't get to meet in the title game. Marshall is a great coach. You guys have a lot to look forward to. Best of luck in the future.
              Your Team should win it all Monday night and I hope you do.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Your kind words are appreciated. (That WAS the title game IMHO)

Comment

I know it's a typo, but you have "indicted" instead of "inducted." Made me chuckle. Now Calipari might actually get indicted into the HOF! :)
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

you don't know the half of it. even if andrew wiggins doesn't sign with wichita state (which he should), 'shockers will be #1 next year. 2014 national champs, wichita state.

congrats to louisville. they beat a damn good team, finally, to reach the championship game.

Comment

Thanks. I want to say I am disappointed in the result, but is hard to feel anything but pride right now.. More disappointed that we did not meet on Monday. No moral victories, but I am damn proud that our team pushed Louisville to the wall. Nobody thought we would. Louisville is a team that I want to beat only because they are the best. Have had tremendous admiration for them since i was a kid and we both played in the Valley. WSU having the chance to play them in the Final Four could only be topped by playing on Monday and winning. if we had to go out, this is how I wanted to do it, with our team battling to the very end.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        you don't know the half of it. even if andrew wiggins doesn't sign with wichita state (which he should), 'shockers will be #1 next year. 2014 national champs, wichita state.

congrats to louisville. they beat a damn good team, finally, to reach the championship game.
                        If you think Wichita State will be #1 next year, you're living in fantasy land. The polls are mainly a popularity contest and the media and coaches like the BCS schools more than they like the non-BCS schools.

Comment

You guys took away everything that we normally do to win. You sealed off the inside and prevented us from using our ball screen. You handled our press and did not allow us to get many cheap baskets. You took away our inside game. Dieng was invisible. Not sure how we got it done. What a great coach and defense! Congratulations on a great game and a great season. I'm sure we are going to be hearing alot more about you guys from here on out.

Comment

And another thing..I think the fouls were even. Lousiville fouls. End of story. They play great defense and that means they foul more than others. I can say that objectively. With that in mind, the jump ball at the end of the game was a good call. Was it quick? Maybe. Was it a foul? Absolutely not. It was a 3 point game with 6 seconds left. Would a foul have made you guys win? I dont think so.

Comment

And another thing..I think the fouls were even. Lousiville fouls. End of story. They play great defense and that means they foul more than others. I can say that objectively. With that in mind, the jump ball at the end of the game was a good call. Was it quick? Maybe. Was it a foul? Absolutely not. It was a 3 point game with 6 seconds left. Would a foul have made you guys win? I dont think so.
                              Nor do I think a no-call would have made us force overtime. We would be in transition against a defense that wasn't set but we would have to rush and UL could guard the three point line. It is likely in the 10-15% range to get to OT given that. Still hated to see it. Not discussing a foul or not, it should have been a no call and we get one last shot. CBS announcers saw it that way in real time. Anyway pointless to debate as we are going to have different perspectives.

Thanks for your original post and good luck Monday.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X