Just wait till next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Hall will be very tough to replace indeed, but the Shocks did manage somehow to go 6-1 without him.

Next year's team should be more talented overall, and if they manage to stay healthy, even deeper. And even without this year's seniors, there should be plenty of leadership returning, including the most important leader of all, the guy with the whistle. After the losses from last year and the injuries this season, there's no longer any question that Marshall can reload with the best of them. Plus, the 2013-14 Shocks have it all over the 2006-07 crew not just in talent, but in intangibles. Once that team came apart, MT couldn't put it back together again, and then he got the heck out of Dodge. That's not happening again.

Having said that, a trip to the Final Four requires a lot of things to go your way, and next year's Shocks could easily be better but have a stumble along the way that brings them up short. But Butler did it two years in a row, the second time without their best player, and they even went one game deeper. So yes, this is absolutely one to savor and remember forever -- but a repeat (or more) is certainly possible, and I for one am not about to doubt that whatever Brad Stevens and his program could do, Marshall and WSU can match.

On to Arlington!
    Your comment, they (Butler) even went one game deeper, doesn't sound right. Butler went to the championship game two years in a row.

Comment

Now here is a thread we can get our arms around. Our future is indeed bright and we will see what the recruiting period has in store for us. A Season much more free of injuries would be welcomed with open arms. I like what I see at this point looking forward. Playing in April is very, very cool.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

A couple turnovers and a few free throws, and we're playing for a National Championship.

Next season can't come soon enough.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          This team is better prepared to make up for the loss of Armstead, but losing Carl will be harder to replace. Shaq projects to be a monster for us, but he'll still be a freshman and who knows how CK will be now that he will be facing tougher competition. But this team will be certainly capable of making another NCAA post season appearance next year.
          Darius Carter will be big time.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            Darius Carter will be big time.
            Yes he will Trop. Only one team comes out of this Big Dance without a loss. I was wanting an undefeated run as we did in our NIT Ship where we end with a win. Thus, it is back to the drawing board and we know that our Shocker players work very hard in the summer to develop into more rounded players. Mr. Early can play tough against anybody, even when they focus on stopping him. Our Seniors will provide quality leadership next Season and they are Early, Wiggy, and Mr. Coleby.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Am I still correct to think we are currently one over the limit? After what this team has accomplished, I am going to feel horribly for the poor soul who is not coming back. Please tell me I'm not remembering correctly. If I am, is there an speculation of who that might be? Or are we even allowed to speculate on such things on a message board?

Comment

Now 2 over.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Now 2 over.
                  Oh boy. This isn't characteristic is it?

Comment

@trop - You are saying this like you are hearing about a new recruit. Have you heard a something about Andrew Wiggins you would like to share? :)

Comment

No. With Darius Carter we are two over. Some believe Earl Watson isn't going to make it but siince he is signed, I count him until there is offical word. He is talking like he is with us.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by mediaadvantages View Post
                        @trop - You are saying this like you are hearing about a new recruit. Have you heard a something about Andrew Wiggins you would like to share? :)
                        No, media -- if Andrew decides to join Nick the Shocks will be THREE over. Right now they're at 13, with four seniors leaving (Orukpe, Hall, Williams, and Armstead), and they have FIVE newcomers already enrolled or signed: next year's anticipated center Kadeem Coleby (sitting out as transfer), plus four recruits signed: C Shaq Morris, PG DJ Bowles, and CG Rian Holland from high school; and C / PF Earl Watson from juco (which assumes that everyone signed qualifies, as last year Teddy Hawkins did not). That puts them one over, and the commitment by PF Darius Carter makes two.

They'll work it out somehow.

Comment

Understood, I would have felt decent about Wiggins coming if he would have actually gone to the Final 4. While I can't confirm that he didn't go, from his tweets it sounds like he was somewhere else today.

Comment

Marshall reminded us last year that he can count.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Does anyone have confirmation that they saw Andrew at the game?

Comment

I think Kadeem is walking on next year too.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X