No announcement yet.

sometimes I rip the Eagle......BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes I rip the Eagle......BUT....

....the 56 pages of Final Four coverage is unreal...not even CLOSE to being done with the first half! Well done! Collectors' item!

Is that today's paper?

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

I think I will buy a couple of more copies.

Comment

I need to get one.

Comment

it is actually heavy to hold!!!!!!!!! I'm reading my carefully and saving it!

Comment

I got to give the Eagle credit. There coverage of the Shockers in the tournament has been amazing. If you think 56 pages is big just wait until they win the whole thing on Monday night.

Comment

I've been reading all the articles over the last three days our fine paper. ... makes me miss the days when they called it the Wichita Eagle Beacon.
                "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
                  I've been reading all the articles over the last three days our fine paper. ... makes me miss the days when they called it the Wichita Eagle Beacon.
                  Dating yourself.

Comment

I'm only 33... I didn't say we got both the Eagle and the Beacon!
                    "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      Dating yourself.
                      There are a multitude of bad jokes that you could go to with that line.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        There are a multitude of bad jokes that you could go to with that line.
                        Define "bad?"

Comment

The Eagle and the Beacon were separate newspaper companies both founded in 1872 and were competitors for 88 years until the 1960 when the Eagle purchased the Beacon. However, both papers continued to be published -- the Eagle in the morning and the Beacon in the evening. Ridder Publications bought both newspapers in 1973 and then Ridder Publications and Knight Newspapers merged in 1974 to form Knight-Ridder. In 1980 Knight-Riddeer combined the two newspapers into the Wichita Eagle-Beacon. In 1989 the dropped the Beacon from the name to become The Wichita Eagle. McClatchy bought Knight-Ridder in 2006.

So it has actually only been 24 years since it was the Wichita Eagle-Beacon. Of course, Brent Kemnitz still calls it the Eagle-Beacon but I think that is primarily to get under Bob Lutz skin.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Define "bad?"
                            Bad = Good, Right? or Left?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              The Eagle and the Beacon were separate newspaper companies both founded in 1872 and were competitors for 88 years until the 1960 when the Eagle purchased the Beacon. However, both papers continued to be published -- the Eagle in the morning and the Beacon in the evening -- until Ridder Publications bought both newspapers. Ridder Publications and Knight Newspapers merged in 1974 to form Knight-Ridder. In 1980 Knight-Riddeer combined the two newspapers into the Wichita Eagle-Beacon. In 1989 the dropped the Beacon from the name to become The Wichita Eagle. McClatchy bought Knight-Ridder in 2006.

So it has actually only been 24 years since it was the Wichita Eagle-Beacon. Of course, Brent Kemnitz still calls it the Eagle-Beacon but I think that is primarily to get under Bob Lutz skin.
                              I remember throwing those papers as a kid. Back when all the routes were walking routes, and we had to collect the money for the paper ourselves. Man those were the days. A good job for a kid.
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                              X