No announcement yet.

Tekele Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back when even the Bookends missed a dunk, they were exited to the bench, chewed out, and put right back in the game. That was the only dunk I remember Cotton missing and it is doubtful it will occur again. For this Shocker team that a few foes have had the audacity to question our talent, we sure make it to the ESPN HIGHLIGHTS more than the few doubters and the teams they brag about. Actually, I think these nervy folk are no shows there?

As far as today's game, when we need leadership, Cotton will answer that bell on both sides of the hardwood.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I kind of wonder... With as much as we talk about where guys will land after college, at what point does the fact that a guy has been a staple in the sportscenter top 10 for a few years start to affect the way he is perceived by scouts?

How many 6'3" guys average 2-3 top 10 highlights a year?

Comment

• Remember Cotton when he first became a Shocker and fast-forward to now. What a great example of player development here at WSU. Cotton has to be one of the very best defenders in the Country. The only people that did not already understand that fact was his Soph. Season when he was disregarded by our own Conference and did not even make the All Valley Defensive team. Really? How silly did that look when we made the Dance and these doubters watched his great defensive performance in the Pitt. game not to mention the other games the Shocks played at the Dance. Cotton demanded their respect from that moment on with his performance on the court. When adversity strikes, Cotton just keeps hustling and producing while silencing the skeptics with his game. Cotton is another example that our beloved Shockers are still the MTXE team that plays angry and is still not satisfied.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I'd love to see a throw down for the ages today; surely someone deserves a Tekelicopter facial.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Bad man!

Comment

• Tekele was one of the greatest dunkers in WSU history.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                  Tekele was one of the greatest dunkers in WSU history.

He could float like a butterfly and sting like a Murder Hornet.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• TC getting some love at #27. Unfortunately, the Northern Iowa windmill didnt make the list.

You can find the rest of Rob's work at his newsletter The Rebound: https://robdauster.substack.com/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rob.dauster/Twitter: ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
                      TC getting some love at #27. Unfortunately, the Northern Iowa windmill didnt make the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAP3ov6VF4
                      Wasn’t the Illinois State dunk at home better than the UNI dunk?

Comment

• Just take your pick. Ill St, Ill St again, UNI, UNI again, Drake, New Mexico St, KU, so on and so forth.

Comment

• My favorite is the inbounds one against the Dirty Birds at home. I've been told that particular inbound play is (or was at the time) called "Redbird". I'm taking that as truth whether it really is or not.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            My favorite is the inbounds one against the Dirty Birds at home. I've been told that particular inbound play is (or was at the time) called "Redbird". I'm taking that as truth whether it really is or not.
                            I believe that came directly from Marshall after they ran it for CJ Keyser against Illinois State again

Comment

• An older video that has probably been posted already but.....TC did ok coming in at #2

Str8DunkContest presents the NCAA Top 10 In-Game Dunk Contest of 2014-2015, featuring Jarell Martin (LSU), Norman Powell (UCLA), Tekele Cotton (Wichita State...

Comment

Working...
                              X