No announcement yet.

Tekele Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if what he's working on is mainly his handles, though, because he does have that same size issue that most of our guys tend to have. He stands a better chance at the next level as a PG or SG and it's not like he and coach aren't talking about it.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Simply one of my favorite Shocker moments.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It just makes you smile. It really was a great dunk.

Do not leave that man open like that.

Comment

What if we do have some solid newcomer wings? Would it be crazy to think Fred, Ron and Tekele would be the primary guard rotation? I mean you could start TKO at 3 but work him in more at the 1 & 2 after the subbing begins if there is someone else who can hold down the 3. That would be an interesting development.

Comment

For me, this question begs, "what can Tekele do to make it to the NBA?" He has a little bit of everything and defense is his exclamation point, so what's missing? He needs to be able to dominate the offensive end when needed. I think he needs to provide better separation from his defender, and he needs to see passing lanes better. That's all I can come up with.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I've been thinking about this, and I am bringing it to the floor for review.
                Tekele is like a rock for this team. No one debates his importance and some would argue he is actually the MOST important player. He is also extremely quiet and seems happy to stay out of the spotlight and just go about his business. Anyway, in the midst of being good enough already, what elements would it be good to see added to his game this year? I understand that adding anything at all makes him scary good, but I do think it's coming this season.
                At the beginning of last season, TC seldom attacked the basket. As the season progressed, his drive frequency increased. By the end of the season, he was a great deal more aggressive in moves to the basket. He is very effective in his drives because he is so physical, strong and clever around the basket.

As has been mentioned, his 3 ball percentage makes improved last season.

He is one tough dude.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I never noticed Fred's reaction. I think that's the most animated he has ever been on the court
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

My two favorite Tekele moments: The Dunk, and the Gonzaga pre-game (HCGM: "Tekele, you have Pangos. He should have an interesting night.")

Tekele just needs to be Tekele, because when he does that, magic ensues. Score enough to be effective and keep the opposing defense honest, shut down the opposition's leading scorer, and make a few SC Top 10s. That's what Tekele does and that's what he should keep doing.

He will never get his number in the rafters, but he'll most certainly be one of the all-time most memorable Shockers.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Tekele put the team on his back that Tennessee game. He single handedly won that game for us.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        For me, this question begs, "what can Tekele do to make it to the NBA?" He has a little bit of everything and defense is his exclamation point, so what's missing? He needs to be able to dominate the offensive end when needed. I think he needs to provide better separation from his defender, and he needs to see passing lanes better. That's all I can come up with.
                        In '12-'13 he had 67 assists to 44 turnovers; in '13-'14, it was 88 and 39. 2.25 A/TO ratio is pretty awesome.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I guess I feel like it just comes down to ball handling, scoring and maybe some PG play. Not that he needs improvement, but more that if somehow elevates those things, he becomes a legitimate nba consideration and we dominate

Comment

Silence! I Tekele you!!!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              In '12-'13 he had 67 assists to 44 turnovers; in '13-'14, it was 88 and 39. 2.25 A/TO ratio is pretty awesome.
                              That, to me, is valuing possessions, not creating via spectacular passes. Less than 2.5 assists per game is not going to get it done as an NBA PG, which was the supposition of my post.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                The beauty of Tekele is he does what he does best and rarely messes anything up. Shoot a good percentage of open shots, run the floor on fast breaks, handle the ball when necessary, rebound the ball and slam the ball down his opponent's throats. He's not going to be the first or second option on offense but he needs to be reliable to put the ball in the hole when his number is called, and he'll do that more often than not. I can't ever remember saying to myself "man that was a bonehead play by Tekele". He's just as rock solid as they come.
                                Exactly my thought back when he was a freshman starting to get significant minutes in the last half of the season. It always felt like there were 2 or 3 or 5 possessions a game where I didn't understand why Toure, David, or Demetric made the decisions they did. With Tekele I couldn't spot any head-shaking moments.

Which when you distill it down to its essence is the beauty of Marshall basketball - shots may go in or rim out, but we don't beat ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X