Contrary to Popular Belief...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrary to Popular Belief...

According to the college basketball statistician wizard known as Ken Pomeroy, Wichita state wasn't "helped" by being dropped in the "weakest" bracket and therefore that is why they are now in the Final Four. Much the opposite rather, according to him we've had the hardest path to the Final Four the past 11 years. The team we match up with tomorrow? The seventh easiest...

Great find!
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

1) In the selection sunday thread I said I liked where we were in the bracket. I stand by that comment.
      2) I also said our bracket was brutal with the likes of Pitt, Gonzaga, Ohio St, New Mexico, and KSU. I stand by that comment as well.

That was a good article. It is nice when numbers match up with what you know to be true. Because I don't give a **** about what anyone THINKS about our road to the final four. The road to the final four didn't start on selection Sunday. It started months ago. And on that road there has been much adversity and we, the true fans, know how rocky this road was. So **** anyone who thinks any different.

Game on mother****ers. Game ****ing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        1) In the selection sunday thread I said I liked where we were in the bracket. I stand by that comment.
        2) I also said our bracket was brutal with the likes of Pitt, Gonzaga, Ohio St, New Mexico, and KSU. I stand by that comment as well.

That was a good article. It is nice when numbers match up with what you know to be true. Because I don't give a **** about what anyone THINKS about our road to the final four. The road to the final four didn't start on selection Sunday. It started months ago. And on that road there has been much adversity and we, the true fans, know how rocky this road was. So **** anyone who thinks any different.

Game on mother****ers. Game ****ing on.
        I agree. And I recall the talking heads saying that our bracket was the hardest as well. Until we started beating them all.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Absolutely fascinating!! Let's get this thing going!!!

BTW - didn't know where to post this, so here it is..

Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS 8m
          Did you know - I did not - John Beilein is 0-9 against Boeheim? Once at Michigan, twice Richmond, six times WVU.

Heres to a WSU-Syracuse rematch on Monday.... Would love to send Boeheim home with another L
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Numbers and facts are fun! Until they don't support my point! That, if anything, is what we've learned this tournament.

Oh, and that going to the Final Four is freaking amazing.

Comment

Everyone is saying is how easy Louisville has blown out teams in the tourney this year--now we know why. Not to take away from the good team they are, but this does level the field a bit. What is more impressive is WSU's run. The most difficult path yet we have beaten better teams and by considerable margins. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Comment

Meh, Kenpom has also predicted that we will lose every game in the tourney too. Listen folks, it's highly probably we get blown out tomorrow. However, it's also probable the Shox come out and play unfazed by the L'Ville defense and make a game of it.

There are so many variables that can factor into the outcome of the game, no use trying to figure what will happen. No computer, experts, fans or even the players and coaches know what's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  Meh, Kenpom has also predicted that we will lose every game in the tourney too. Listen folks, it's highly probably we get blown out tomorrow. However, it's also probable the Shox come out and play unfazed by the L'Ville defense and make a game of it.
                  Not sure how it's highly probable the Shocks get blown out tomorrow and also probable that the Shocks make a game of it.

I put the probablility of the Shocks getting blown out (losing by > 15 points at 20% and that may be a little high. The probabilty that the Shocls lose a competitive game at 50%. The probability of the Shocks winning a competitive game at 30%. I guess that puts the probabilty of the Shocks blowing out L-Ville at 0%.

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  There are so many variables that can factor into the outcome of the game, no use trying to figure what will happen. No computer, experts, fans or even the players and coaches know what's going to happen.
                  That I agree with. If the Shocks do win I think it will have as much to do with intangibles like heart and toughness as it will with stats and matchups. Those intangibles are simply impossible to measure. In a tight, competitive game a little good luck here and there can't hurt either.

Comment

Working...
                  X