X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Story

AP Story

Excerpt from AP story.

"We have a great basketball program. We have tradition, we have history," Marshall said. "It's been a lot of great players, tremendous fan base. Tremendous support. The administration loves it. We don't have football — they don't want football. They want us to be the best we can be."
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Actually I have flip-flopped on this issue. If we can be Sweet-16+ contenders every year without football, I'm okay with that.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Whether some like it or not, the absence of football gives us the financial resources to succeed at a high level in basketball. It is a trade-off that has paid big dividends.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I don't think it is a coincidence that all the "mid majors" that have made the Final Four except Memphis don't have football. And many that have made the elite 8

Comment

Great article. I think the term mid-major will die off in the next few years and it won't be schools like us that kill it. It will be schools like Ohio State, and Pitt, and hopefully Louisville and Michigan and Syracuse. They will kill it because they will get tired of trying to convince their players that teams like us are the real deal, only to see them lose over and over.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            I don't think it is a coincidence that all the "mid majors" that have made the Final Four except Memphis don't have football. And many that have made the elite 8
            I'm not sure Memphis has football either. 9-39 over the last 4 years. No wonder the other barely football schools went running away from the Big Least.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I'm not sure Memphis has football either. 9-39 over the last 4 years. No wonder the other barely football schools went running away from the Big Least.
              Memphis was the perfect opponent for the Shox football team back in the 70s when we brought in the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders for some of PT Bredehoft's post game entertainment. Packed 28,000 fans into the stadium; but not to watch Memphis...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I remember that game, as a teenage ute, all I could think of was the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders at Cessna Stadium mmmmmmm hot pants (gurgling noises). Ted B was the MAN!

Comment

Working...
                X