shout out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shout out

so, I wanted to give a shout out to mark turgeon for laying the groundwork and getting out of the way. wonder if he's noticed where we are "at this level". anyone care to throw in their two cents?

Sure.

Mark, thanks for everything you did in committing 7 years of your life to Wichita State basketball and for resurrecting this proud program. You will always be a Shocker to many of us.

Comment

I second that. Thanks a million and best of wishes wherever you go!

P.S. wanna scrimmage?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

he did well at wichita state. mvc was way tougher than he thought it would be, but he did break through with a sweet sixteen.

Comment

TURGEON THRILLED FOR WICHITA STATE

Turgeon, a Topeka, Kan. native, coached Wichita State from 2000 through 2007 and took the Shockers to postseason four times and the Sweet 16 in 2006. He was excited to talk about his former school earning a trip to the Final Four.
          “Isn’t that awesome? I’m really proud of them,” he said. “When you live there and you get to know the people and how passionate they are, it’s really cool. We went to the Sweet 16 when I was there; I can’t imagine the way they’re acting right now because they were really excited for that. It’s just great.
          “Gregg (Marshall has) done a great job, and I’m just really happy for the whole Shocker nation. Everybody involved, all the former players that helped build it when we got there to what Gregg has done. It’s been a good 13 years for Shocker basketball.”

http://thegazette.com/2013/04/02/mar...wichita-state/
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

He does deserve some credit and I wish him well in the NIT tonight. I will say that any former valley coach that moves to a BCS school knows what it takes to schedule here or in this conference and should think of that when scheduling at their schools. I know there is a lot of baggage playing your old team but in this case playing us would help keep more respect for him than doing just like all the others after you leave. Kudos to Tennessee's coach Martin for at least agreeing to play us after he left the valley. Thanks Turgeon for starting the ball moving but next step up and take the next step with your scheduling.

Comment

I know many have issues with MT (I share them to some degree), but let's not turn this into another stupid debate. Four days from the final four and 6 days (should we be so fortunate) from the national championship game is not the time or the place to rehash our grudges or gloat towards a former coach. It only makes us look vindictive and small.

Maryland tips in 5 minutes on espn2 in the second NIT semi final game. Good luck Turgeon and the Terps.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Love Mark but I think he messed up by leaving... best of luck at Maryland though.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                  Love Mark but I think he messed up by leaving... best of luck at Maryland though.
                  But because he did...his loss is our gain. While he elevated our program to a Sweet 16, he also left the cupboard bare. We now have a coach who believes in what is possible and has attained more than most would have thought. Kudos to Coach Turgeon and what he accomplished, but hail to coach Marshall in where we are now and where we will be.

Comment

Working...
                  X