Higgins to officiate final four!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higgins to officiate final four!

What are the odds he does our game? 100%?

Naturally. Didn't he just officiate Syracuse's last game?

Comment

I hope this is an April's Fool thing! My blood pressure just went through the roof considering the possibility!
      When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
        I hope this is an April's Fool thing! My blood pressure just went through the roof considering the possibility!
        Nope -

ATLANTA -- The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
        John Cahill, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, Lee Jones, John Higgins, Randy McCall and Mark Whitehead have all officiated previous Final Fours, while Mike Eades, Doug Simmons and Terry Wymer will have the opportunity to work their first semifinal or championship game.
        The officials were recommended by John Adams, the NCAA's director of officiating, and approved Monday by the Division I men's basketball committee.
        Three-man crews will work each game with a fourth official on standby. The assignments for the semifinals will be made Saturday morning with the championship officials announced Monday.
        Louisville plays Wichita State in the first national semifinal Saturday night at the Georgia Dome. Michigan plays Syracuse in the other game.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

OMG! If he gets our game, I will stroke out!
          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

"A three-man crew will work each Final Four game, while one official will serve as the standby official for all three contests," according to the NCAA's statement. The names and home towns are:

John Cahill, Albany, NY.
            Mike Eades, Princeton, West Va.
            Tony Greene, Atlanta, Ga.
            Karl Hess, Forrest, Va.
            John Higgins, Omaha, Neb.
            Les Jones, Chesapeake, Va.
            Randy McCall, Highland Ranch, Colo.
            Doug Sirmons, Virginia Beach, Va.
            Mark Whitehead, Denham Springs, La.
            Terry Wymer, North Baltimore, Ohio.

It's the first Final Four for three of the 10, Eades, Simmons and Wymer. Cahill, considered a grinder among grinders for referees, is coming to blow his 11th on the big stage. Jones is working his fifth straight; Higgins and Hess are two of the "notorious" names on the list, if you will. Fans love to hate them, or just plain hate them.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm way more worried about McCall.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh ****. What makes me sick is that if you guys don't have him in the first game you're pretty much guaranteed to have him in the second. He loves to screw the Valley. Somebody please break his knees.

Comment

Nobody wants Higgins to work their game so it's a wash.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

****ed!!!
                    I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Whoever said they would be more worried about Randy McCall......WORD!!!
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Let's just take a minute to think that arguing about Final Four refereeing is a great problem to have.

Comment

We get Higgins and McCall and we are totally screwed.

Comment

Elaborate on McCall please.

Comment

We're 0-2 with McCall this year. Home losses to Indiana State and Evansville. Pretty sure fans were not that happy with both games officiating. I'm sure he was the lead official both games as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X