ku worried about in state recruits choosing wsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ku worried about in state recruits choosing wsu

found this lil gem while I was over at the ku boards trolling http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=11430601
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I saw this earlier, and while I think it's hilarious I don't want to get bigheaded and go the way of GMU.

Comment

I'm seeing more KU fans supporting playing us now then in the past. ESPN or CBS could make it very profitable for both schools. If not KU maybe Gonzaga, Ohio State, Louisville or the next school we beat would like to profit from a rematch next year.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I heard a rumor at a family get-together this weekend that Perry Ellis had thought about transferring to WSU midseason when things weren't going too well. These were K-State fans, so I don't know how true this was. Has anyone else heard about that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
            I heard a rumor at a family get-together this weekend that Perry Ellis had thought about transferring to WSU midseason when things weren't going too well. These were K-State fans, so I don't know how true this was. Has anyone else heard about that?
            No.

Comment

Yes, heard the same thing. Probably a combination of home sickness and butt ripping.

Comment

I wish he would have chosen WSU, but who would we have lost out on getting if he came?

Comment

Quite frankly does not surprise me.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Of course they are. KU does not want a third successful program in the state to compete with. Everything they've done to prevent WSU from becoming a major program, and their reason for refusing to play us, is that they think treating us like a legitimate program will make us a legitimate program in the eyes of recruits in the state. And if we're being treated like a legitimate program, and beating them, we're a legitimate threat to land top recruits.

KU and KSU have stone-walled the development of WSU for a long time now. They essentially created a situation where NCAA tournament success was the only way WSU could prove its quality and break out of the box they put us in. And we have.

Doesn't mean we're suddenly going to start out-recruiting KU any day now at all. But we are a bigger program right now than we have been in three decades. It would be a lie for anyone at KU to say that having another team in the state that is capable of making the Final Four isn't a threat to their recruiting efforts.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

well now that its on the internet it must be true.

Comment

my lil bro went to heights with perry they are really good friends, he's been really stickin it to perry the last couple of days about wsu making it to the final four and ku only reaching the sweet sixteen, and based off of a couple comments perry has made to him, him transferring to wsu isn't so far fetched. But don't wait up.
                        Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

I know it's not going to happen. I just think it's funny that he may have considered it.

Comment

Our success certainly doesnt hurt. But the talk of Ellis transferring is on par with the chances of us getting Andrew Wiggins.

But then again, probably pretty close to our odds of making the final 4.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                              found this lil gem while I was over at the ku boards trolling http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=11430601
                              Wow. There's a few grounded comments in there but they are dwarfed by Exhibit A evidence of KU arrogance and elitism. The clear message is unless a kid grew up dreaming of playing at WSU, choosing us over KU would be "illogical". I can't stand people who think they know what's best for a kid just because they latched their jaws onto the cahones of a basketball program that hasn't seen hard times in their post-pubescent lifetimes. Newsflash . . . you're still imbeciles. Grow the heck up.

Just when I was warming up to internet KU fans a little they have to go remind me why they are so irritating.

Comment

Working...
                              X