No announcement yet.

Stephen A. Smith speaks the truth . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen A. Smith speaks the truth . . .

On Mike and Mike this morning, Mike Greenberg actually asked Stephen A. Smith if it would be bad for college basketball if WSU beats Louisville because the fans of America really want powerhouses in the Championship game.
    Stepehen A. - "Wichita State is NOT a cinderella; they DESERVE to be here because they are tough and have earned it. this is a PICK' EM Final 4 and Wichita State CAN win it all."
    He went on to say that WSU's defense, game planning, mental toughness and team play is why THEY are here , not because of what conference they are in. He thinks there will be a lot of people across the country rooting for WSU not because they are a Cinderella, but because the fans are sick of the big schools doing it with One and Done players and not really building a team for the long haul.

Hear, hear.
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    On Mike and Mike this morning, Mike Greenberg actually asked Stephen A. Smith if it would be bad for college basketball if WSU beats Louisville because the fans of America really want powerhouses in the Championship game.
    Stepehen A. - "Wichita State is NOT a cinderella; they DESERVE to be here because they are tough and have earned it. this is a PICK' EM Final 4 and Wichita State CAN win it all."
    He went on to say that WSU's defense, game planning, mental toughness and team play is why THEY are here , not because of what conference they are in. He thinks there will be a lot of people across the country rooting for WSU not because they are a Cinderella, but because the fans are sick of the big schools doing it with One and Done players and not really building a team for the long haul.

Hear, hear.
    We have to play the game and we have to win and go to the National Championship for my comments to mean anything, but I thought about where a WSU National Championship would stand on the list of greatest upsets. Part of me says it wouldn't be that big of a deal, compared against the NC State/Houston game in 1983. But I do think it would be bigger than Villanova/Georgetown in 1985 or KU/Oklahoma in 1988. Those were in-conference championships where Villanova and KU had already had two cracks against the other team.

On the other hand, I agree with Steven A. Smith. We are good team and have been all year who take care of business. It is a big SURPRISE to a lot of people, but it is not and should not be considered a big UPSET.

My eyes are wide open with respect to Louisville, but I still feel at peace, just like I have all tournament. I love our chances and have great confidence in our coaches and players.

#PLAYANGRY #NOTSATIFIED #WATCHUS win...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Stephen A. Smith is a d-bag that I rarely agree with. Hope this isn't a bad omen!

Comment

Ironic since Stephen A and Calipari seem to be best buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Ironic since Stephen A and Calipari seem to be best buddies.
          Stephen A is "best buddies" with everyone. According to Stephen A.

Comment

When was the last time Louisville had a one and done player? The last guy they got that people believed was a one and done talent was Samardo Samuels but he came back for a second year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
              When was the last time Louisville had a one and done player? The last guy they got that people believed was a one and done talent was Samardo Samuels but he came back for a second year.
              I don't think that was pointed at Louisville specifically - more of general comment about the landscape of college basketball and what the Shockers bring to the table - just my opinion . . .
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

I can't stand Mike and Mike. They are two of the ultimate BCS homers in the media. I don't give a rat's ass about your two Notre Dame kids Mr. Golic. Stephan A., has carved out a niche that is unique in the media. I believe it is a media persona to achieve ratings and stir the straw. I love him and I hate him. Mike and Mike are consistent 24/7 about only the mainstream, big time programs. Eff em.

Comment

Working...
                X