• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FKU

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Organized onslaught? Or hold the doc back? It's a tough call
      My vote is to refrain until after the tournament. More important things to worry about. I went over to that board last week and have regretted it ever since.

I would like to think those screwballs don't represent the KU fan base, but I know better.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Somebody please stop me from lighting up phog.net

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f...t=11427113&p=3
        im pissed off enough to join you... But arguing over this anymore is just retarded.

And you know whats funnier... is even KU fans keep saying KSU is a better program than ours.. Im willing to bet that if you take both teams records since 2000 we would have the better W/L and thats with the last Turgeon year and the first two marshall years..

Comment

There's comedy gold over there right now with a minimum of 5 topics on WSU. Trust me, I have bigger fish to fry.

We're heading to the Final Four fellas.

Comment

It makes me laugh at what some of the CU bubbas are posting. They are acting like this was OUR best team we'll see in a millinea and this is just some one-trick pony. However, I think that fact is more representative of THEIR team. Again, this was supposed to be our "rebuidling year" and we're in the Final 4.

I'm all about looking at the past to forsee what the future my have to hold. What HCGM has proven is that we get better EVERY year vs the previous. I mean, go from a .500 team, to winning the NIT, to winning the MVC to making it to the Final 4 (and maybe more). Let's not forget the fact that we have replaced 10 seniors off our squad over the last two years and we still improve! Next year we loose 2 important members of our team, but I think we have the bodies to fill those holes, and we return 4 starters. It's been a while since we can say that. This is season is far from being the end of our success!!

Regarding KU, there's no way Self schedules us next year. The main reason is he realizes it's VERY likely he'll get beat. They loose all of their starting 5 (assuming McLemore goes pro) and the only guys w/ any significant experience is Tharpe and Ellis. Everyone else is inexperienced. As mentioned in the above paragraph, we loose only 2 key players (though they are a big part of our success) and bring back a loaded team. I think Self sees the writing on the wall and he knows he can't schedule us.

Comment

^^ except he wouldnt schedule us when we sucked so their roster build is pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                ^^ except he wouldnt schedule us when we sucked so their roster build is pointless
                Agreed, it's just now that we don't suck, it compounds his problem even more.

Comment

Originally posted by jrschh View Post
                  Agreed, it's just now that we don't suck, it compounds his problem even more.
                  Actually, Self doesn't have a problem -- he doesn't have to schedule us and he doesn't have to explain or give a reason. This is beating a dead horse. It just makes us look bad. If I never hear again about KU or KSU playing us, I will feel very blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Somebody please stop me from lighting up phog.net

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f...t=11427113&p=3
                    Oh good doc, WHERES THE NFSW!!!! If i look at anuses in class, its a good excuse to kick me out!!!
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                      Actually, Self doesn't have a problem -- he doesn't have to schedule us and he doesn't have to explain or give a reason. This is beating a dead horse. It just makes us look bad. If I never hear again about KU or KSU playing us, I will feel very blessed.
                      Except this is them starting a conversation and we're just talking about what they're talking about.

Again, I don't care one way or the other if we play them or not. We don't need them, but it would be fun for the state and the fans. What cracked me up is we did agree to play them once in AFH with no return on ESPN and THEY declined. 3G has said multiple times that he's offere what is essentially a 2-1 with a game at AFH, a game at IBA and a game at Sprint. THEY decline.

I like the scheduling rumors I read on here last night about Cincy and someone else.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

1) Why does ANYBODY give a rat's azz what a BJ thinks. Of course they're jealous. It's eating them up all the way to their "sin absolved" souls.

2) BJ's lurk at Shockernet, Shockers don't lurk over at underground BJ's.

T

...:cool:

Comment

The KU thread actually wasn't too bad considering the typical arrogance associated with them.

I like the guy regularly saying that WSU is lying because they refuse to go to AFH for a game ... and yet completely refuses to believe that it was KU who turned down a televised game on ESPN with us from AFH in 2005/2006. Not even any facts to argue it, just flat out dismisses it while repeating the lie.

We need to make as much of this as possible over the next season. We're in the Final Four, they're not. This "nothing to gain" argument has been exposed. The prevailing thought in Kansas should be that KU is too scared to play WSU ... as they are. I want Marshall and our AD to call them out publically repeatedly in the media for the next year. Until they do better in the NCAA tournament than us, we are the dominant program in Kansas ... hammer that in and make sure the recruits in this state know it. Either it helps our recruiting or it hurts theirs ... I'm fine with both.

If we can't beat them to prove we're better to in-state recruits, let's make it damn clear that we want the game and that Sweet 16 team (and eliminated-in-the-first-round team) is too afraid to play a Final Four team.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

It's passed time to move on with respect to K-Who.
                            I just have one question. Who is in the final 4 and who is watching on TV Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                            X