It builds character. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It builds character. . .

Going through a stretch of loses and injuries like we have this year is a brutal thing, but it can make a team stronger. I remember watching the year that the University of Texas had to play with only 6 scholarship players after Penders left. It was that season that lay the foundation for Texas to emerge as a national contender in basketball under a new coach. That team was as mentally and physically tough as any I have watched, and that toughness carried over to later years. It was very difficult for Barnes to start his UT coaching career in that way, but it lay a foundation for that program.

The second half of tonight's game gives me hope that we are likewise learning to translate our adversity into toughness. It may not pay dividends in wins this year, but it could be crucial to building the program under Marshall over the long hall. I particularly want to note that after early difficulty, Gal has responded to the extra burden of Matt going down very well. Likewise, PJ is setting a great example of toughness for the younger players.

The team may not have won tonight, but they showed me that the adversity of this season may not be a waste, and I couldn't be more proud of the second half that they played.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

The team is not giving up and neither are the fans....

As for HCGM, just remember - what doesn't kill you will only make your stronger....

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

What doesn't kill us....makes us stronger

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Marshall mentioned tonight that he heard a loud ovation after he was well into the tunnel after the UNI game. He realized the team was behind him and that the ovation was for his players. He stated that there are very few places in the country where that happens and that he intends to reward the fans for their increadible support during these trying times.

Comment

Re: It builds character. . .

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Going through a stretch of loses and injuries like we have this year is a brutal thing, but it can make a team stronger. I remember watching the year that the University of Texas had to play with only 6 scholarship players after Penders left. It was that season that lay the foundation for Texas to emerge as a national contender in basketball under a new coach. That team was as mentally and physically tough as any I have watched, and that toughness carried over to later years. It was very difficult for Barnes to start his UT coaching career in that way, but it lay a foundation for that program.
          You should drop that into a friendly e-mail to HCGM.

Comment

That is very inspiring, but is that when you get 'beat down' so much, that you have to play as if it is a 'live or die' situation? When you have no place to go, but up? When you have to salvage something to have a shred of dignity left?

It's like the kid that gets beat up by the neighborhood bully everyday.

Want inspiration, just watch WSU vs. Tennessee game again!!!

Comment

Working...
            X