No announcement yet.

WSU VS. LOUISVILLE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisville is the most money making basketball program in this tournament - revenue of 42 million dollars. I was surprised when I saw that.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      No.. Unfortunately it will all be about Ware and how they needed him..

UGH I hate that.. I feel so bad for that kid. But its going to be trivialized to death
      True. People will say we were lucky. Luck: When preparation meets opportunity...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        I wonder if the Big 12 regrets not extending an invite to Louisville to join them. Oh well, enough of that. Don't want to get off topic.
        The blew it. The B12 tourney in KC would be totally off the charts with the Louisville fan participation. With all of the Red in the Sprint Center you would have thought the games were being played in Kentucky...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          no it would just mean Louisville had a off night
          "louisville should kill them. wichita state aint sh*t- mid level big10 team at best. their luck ends saturday." - bucky buckeye

Comment

Reaper pointed this out earlier in the season (I can't link the thread due to stupidity)

"Here is another one (I am not sure where i heard or read this), but I thought it was pretty cool.

Top 3 teams in the nation who lead in Steals -

1. Virginia Commonwealth
            2. Southern Mississippi
            3. Bradley

Only team in America to beat those 3 teams, OUR WICHITA STATE SHOCKERS!!!"

VCU is still #1, Louisville #2 Southern Miss #3 and Bradley is now #8.

We may as well turn the trifecta into a quadrifecta!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Reaper pointed this out earlier in the season (I can't link the thread due to stupidity)

"Here is another one (I am not sure where i heard or read this), but I thought it was pretty cool.

1. Virginia Commonwealth
              2. Southern Mississippi
              3. Bradley

I've heard (or read) countless articles. Some don't even mention the Shocks. But, the more I read and analyze the better I feel. Everyone else may be fooled by the names on the jerseys, but I don't think Pitino is going to be fooled. This is going to be a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

1. Virginia Commonwealth
                2. Southern Mississippi
                3. Bradley

Excellent find!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  I've heard (or read) countless articles. Some don't even mention the Shocks. But, the more I read and analyze the better I feel. Everyone else may be fooled by the names on the jerseys, but I don't think Pitino is going to be fooled. This is going to be a dog fight.
                  i would pick wichita state to win quite readily, but after bruising affairs with uni and ilsu, pitino will have his teams undivided attention.. damnit. 'still going with the shockers in something of a pick'em.

Comment

play angry.jpg:cool-new:

click to enlarge
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

has anybody found a louisville basketball forum board?

Comment

Another Cards fan here - My wife and I were cheering for the Shockers the entire game against OSU. They are as arrogant as you experienced. Just as a word of caution, Kentucky fans trolled the Oregon site with a bombardment that was incredibly embarrassing. Apologies if the same thing happens here as well.

I'm looking forward to the game, and am taking my brother to our first Final Four we've ever attended in person. I am glad that we are playing WSU, because as you guys said, we were Valley brethren at one point, and while we have a few titles, we don't have that same national cachet that most of the schools our history matches up well with. It's great to intermingle with good quality fans and not have to deal with as many pricks as I've already seen and dealt with from Michigan fans.

As for the game, I can't expect on your home board to see you picking us to win, as there won't be many picking us to lose on our boards. There will likely be some fans rooting for you from the Michigan and 'Cuse sides, as they'd rather play who they perceive as the weaker team (I don't agree - I think you match up well), but working against you is the "Kevin Ware factor". I believe the team did struggle a little immediately afterward, but they dominated the rest of the game after that 4 minute stretch after the delay.

I'm not sure I'd be using a game at the beginning of the season to judge where the team is at today (in reference to reviewing our games vs N. Iowa, first game away from home and Ill. State, which was sans Dieng), just like I don't think it's fair to judge you on losing to Creighton (who has a slow center and one really strong player) twice.

The key to beating us is having ball-strong guards who think when beating the press, rather than trying to do it themselves. Our press is unlike any other played by any other team. VCU is close, but they aren't a zone press. When you get into half court, it's imperative that you have a good passing frontcourt (Georgetown, ND, Villanova, Duke and 'cuse all have that), and don't play panicked (which is hard to do with our frenetic style)

If any of you are going to ATL and want to share a drink and talk college basketball, I'm down. Best of luck to the Wheat Shockers.

We do have 2 major sites:

Stay up to date with all the Louisville Cardinals sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

Originally posted by deep3card View Post
                          Another Cards fan here - My wife and I were cheering for the Shockers the entire game against OSU. They are as arrogant as you experienced. Just as a word of caution, Kentucky fans trolled the Oregon site with a bombardment that was incredibly embarrassing. Apologies if the same thing happens here as well.

I'm looking forward to the game, and am taking my brother to our first Final Four we've ever attended in person. I am glad that we are playing WSU, because as you guys said, we were Valley brethren at one point, and while we have a few titles, we don't have that same national cachet that most of the schools our history matches up well with. It's great to intermingle with good quality fans and not have to deal with as many pricks as I've already seen and dealt with from Michigan fans.

As for the game, I can't expect on your home board to see you picking us to win, as there won't be many picking us to lose on our boards. There will likely be some fans rooting for you from the Michigan and 'Cuse sides, as they'd rather play who they perceive as the weaker team (I don't agree - I think you match up well), but working against you is the "Kevin Ware factor". I believe the team did struggle a little immediately afterward, but they dominated the rest of the game after that 4 minute stretch after the delay.

I'm not sure I'd be using a game at the beginning of the season to judge where the team is at today (in reference to reviewing our games vs N. Iowa, first game away from home and Ill. State, which was sans Dieng), just like I don't think it's fair to judge you on losing to Creighton (who has a slow center and one really strong player) twice.

The key to beating us is having ball-strong guards who think when beating the press, rather than trying to do it themselves. Our press is unlike any other played by any other team. VCU is close, but they aren't a zone press. When you get into half court, it's imperative that you have a good passing frontcourt (Georgetown, ND, Villanova, Duke and 'cuse all have that), and don't play panicked (which is hard to do with our frenetic style).

If any of you are going to ATL and want to share a drink and talk college basketball, I'm down. Best of luck to the Wheat Shockers.

http://louisville.247sports.com/Boar...rd-Forum-59436

http://louisville.scout.com/
                          Nice to see another classy opponent fan hit our board. Not sure why your post got garbled up with HTML so I reposted here without those codes.

Welcome to the board and good luck Saturday!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Since the above poster cannot format to save his life, here.

Rivals forums - http://louisville.rivals.com/forum.a...d=2377&style=2

Scout forums - http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755

247sports forum - http://louisville.247sports.com/Board/Detail/59436

Comment

Well after seeing Fred's late game fade away in the lane against OSU get "Touched By an Angel" all I have to say is:

Comment

Originally posted by deep3card View Post

The key to beating us is having ball-strong guards who think when beating the press, rather than trying to do it themselves. Our press is unlike any other played by any other team. VCU is close, but they aren't a zone press. When you get into half court, it's imperative that you have a good passing frontcourt (Georgetown, ND, Villanova, Duke and 'cuse all have that), and don't play panicked (which is hard to do with our frenetic style)

Stay up to date with all the Louisville Cardinals sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

i would venture to say that our press break is better than all of those teams you mentioned. hence, wichita state is in the final four. yes, they have had some breakdowns (vs evansville and osu late), but this team has the handles. they are not built to panic. luckily for you, you don't have to go TO uni and ilsu and ue every year, where a loss isn't out of the realm of possibility, but if you should lose, it's instant "back of the line", where national respect is considered. we beat uni by about 30 here and lost there.. we beat ilsu three times. 'doesn't mean a whole lot now, just sayin'. but i do expect wichita state to show up throwing educated hands, smooth lefts and rights (boxing referance.. so popular in all of sports, that's all). 'can't wait to get this one started.

thanks for the links, cardinals.

p.s. 'still deeply wish the mccray brothers had picked wichita state over louisville (their final two college choices out of high school).
                                Last edited by another shocker; April 1, 2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X