No announcement yet.

WSU VS. LOUISVILLE PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Cotton can push Smith out on the floor and make him catch it further away from where he wants it and then sag off to the point where smith can only shoot from 3 off the dribble it will be a HUGE benefit for us. If Smith catches near the three point line where he is a threat to shoot, pass, or dribble its tough.

I can live with Louisville beating us with dribble-pill up 3's
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Some thoughts of Louisville fans - hopefully their team will also look down on WSU.
      Wich State- Rick has 4-5 days to study film on you. Good luck dudes

Yeah, they've had a great run but it's over for them. The nation knows it, and truth be told, they know it too even though I don't expect any of them to ever admit it.

We have to finish this. When are we going to get another 9 seed in the Final Four.
      No doubt this will be the toughest game, but it is a winnable game if the Shox can execute the plan and make some plays. The pressure is on Louisville, not the Shox.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        This obviously is the toughest opponent the Shox will have played not just in the tourney, but in the entire season. After watching today's game, I was just amazed how athletic Louisville is. Now playing against Duke probably exacerbated this perception since Duke is just a better version of Creighton and Gonzaga, (non athletic, perimeter oriented teams). This was Duke's worst point differential loss of the season by the way. Duke beats Creighton by 18, Creighton beats us twice, Louisville puts the whoopin' on Duke. Does this mean anything?
        Was the Duke loss worse than their 90-63 loss to Miami?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          I agree with your analysis (although predicting a 13 point loss after saying will be focused is a little weird) except two things: 1) Duke is not better than Gonzaga by a long shot and 2) Louisville may have more fans there than us but the other team's fans will be rooting for us-bank on it. Michigan would love to avoid Louisville and so would Syracuse.
          I have to agree,, with a 9 taking on a 1 with two 4's waiting in the wings for the winner somethin tells me we get the crowd ,,, at least for the first game
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

We play our game and our incredible luck streak of trams falling down in front of us continues. Shox win 65- 56

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Some thoughts of Louisville fans - hopefully their team will also look down on WSU.

No doubt this will be the toughest game, but it is a winnable game if the Shox can execute the plan and make some plays. The pressure is on Louisville, not the Shox.

Thanks for sharing this SB. The Nation might think they know it, but our beloved Shocks will also be their toughest game in this here Dance as well. We obviously were under-seeded? Ya think? Thus, throw the seedings out the window because they are meaningless. Yes, they are good, very good. However, the only thing our Shocks know is we are not playing them the best out of 10. We only have to beat them one time out of one attempt. Now that is something on a given night a team at the crest of their peaking can for sure do. That is what our Shockers know and that is what we plan on doing. If I recall, Hall and Cle had foul trouble versus the Zags in both the 1st and 2nd half. Thus, even so, we still beat a #1 team on a given night. If we are hitting on all cylinders Sat. watch out. It's not what the Nation, the World, Vegas, or the experts think. Actually, many in this Nation will be cheering for us to win for multiple reasons. It is how we execute and whether we can control how they execute.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Dang it, I'm getting nervous just talking about this right now. No doubt we can beat them, but no doubt they can whip our tail either. UNI ran with them. We are playing at our apex right now. If we keep this up, winning is a very real possibility. Keep grinding, Shox.

Absolutely Angry Shockers - 73
                Louisville - 70

Comment

Nobody outside of Wichita is expecting us to win this game.

Then again, outside of maybe the La Salle game, has anyone really given us a chance?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Devon Smith used to work for Pitino. Spy advantage : us.

Comment

I think all the talking heads want the Shockers to just stay at home. Not one is giving us a chance to win. Sounds like another reason to play angry.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                        I think all the talking heads want the Shockers to just stay at home. Not one is giving us a chance to win. Sounds like another reason to play angry.
                        Play angry and pissed off!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dear God. I just saw a picture of Kevin Ware's leg from Louisville. I hope he's alright and has a healthy recovery. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Was the Duke loss worse than their 90-63 loss to Miami?
                            I am confused. When and where and what year did Creighton play Duke and Creighton lost by 18?

I am still confused. Duke loss to Miami as compared to what? Duke loss to Louisville as compared to Duke loss to Miami?
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I am half hass studying at the moment with the Jim Valvano 30 for 30 on in the background..

Im convinced 30 years later that we as well are a team of destiny.

Nobody thought they could it
                              Nobody thinks we can do it

WE both have have GREAT and entertaining coaches and both teams have GREAT team chemistry..

Coincidently if it wasnt for that rotten piece of horse **** cancer Jimmy V might have been our coach.

WE got this
                              Last edited by Awesome Sauce Malone; April 1, 2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I'm not encouraged. You gotta know that Lousivillle is going to dedicate the rest of the season to Ware. The last thing you want in a game like this is for your opponent to have any unusual motivation.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X