Bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day

I've been reading stories from around the country and it sounds to me like the teams we've beaten were all just having bad games when we beat them.

Apparently our run has been all luck to this point because all of the teams we've whooped we're just playing uncharacteristically bad the day they faced us.

If one of these teams ever has a good day we are really going to be in trouble.

Here's to more bad days.

Yes we are the luckiest team in the nation.

Comment

Yep. Amazing string of luck we're having.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Also seems to me that every team we play is just really nervous when they play us, causing them to miss shots. We must have an intimidating mascot.

Comment

I especially remember that lucky call we had against SIU. And that time we were lucky that CU hit 70% of their shots.

Oh and losing Baker and Wessel the whole year!!! Hahaha ! Some lucky ****, there!
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Ohio State has a thread titled, "Was it fixed".

Very interesting read. There are some level headed fans over there, but there are a lot of fans who actually believe the fix was in and that WSU advancing to the FF is what is wrong with NCAA basketball today.

Comment

Clearly fixed.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

With all those free throws tOSU shot in the second half, I can see where they would think that...

/sarcasm
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

If it was fixed, then wouldn't that be something that they would need to look in the mirror on?

Usually, the fixers aren't the winners....

Comment

Ignorant national level journalism and living in their BCS bubble only helps fuel their world of self grandeur. They honestly believe they are head and shoulders, literally unbeatable, compared to "mid majors". They have been conditioned to believe as irrefutable fact, regardless of results, that they are the better team.

This run by the shox in the NCAA and all the little things said by national media that isn't quite right or completely wrong about Wichita State has just proven to me what ignorant clowns most of the media is. Just apply what errors we can all see, via our Wichita State perspective, to actual national news then add to that pile reporters with agenda slants either left or right and imagine what crap we are being fed as fact.

Comment

I've never seen fans resorting to accusing their players of fixing a game before.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

I guess I falsely assumed they meant the refs threw the game. Accusing your own players, that's a whole 'nuther level of stupid.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Ohio State has a thread titled, "Was it fixed".

Very interesting read. There are some level headed fans over there, but there are a lot of fans who actually believe the fix was in and that WSU advancing to the FF is what is wrong with NCAA basketball today.
                          Some of the posts are moronic.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

That is real tin foil hat stuff: the refs, their players, maybe our players somehow.

This is the best; it has me literally laughing out loud. Apparently the genius thinks it was fixed for OSU in the first half or part of it, then when they saw how bad they were doing the "house money" switched to WSU and the fix went the other way, or something like that:

"Whats strange is, the 1/2 of the first half, OSU was getting the calls, but struggling shooting with DeShot melting down. After that, if flips and the Shockers get calls galore, which was a big part of their 13 point lead at halftime. Should have been something like 7-8 points.

Then when OSU falls down 56-36, the calls reverse just as hard. This allows OSU back into the game and finally start hitting some shots on more timely basis.

Rewatching it, I never saw a game like this before. Then DeShot gets another foul called on him and that snuffed the run.

It was like the house money was on OSU at the beginning, when they couldn't hit crap, it switched." --Primmer from the OSU board
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Another gem:

"Makes me wonder how many cinderella stories were even real."
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X