Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In an odd way, maybe feel best for Mike Kennedy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an odd way, maybe feel best for Mike Kennedy.....

...long before we had a Final Four team, we had a Final Four announcer....you know he has to be just loving this!

And to Dahl and Hull, as well!

They have been so giddy on the radio recently. It's so fun to just listen the pure happiness in their voices that conveys how all of Shocker Nation is feeling.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Congrats to a very classy guy!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        ...long before we had a Final Four team, we had a Final Four announcer....you know he has to be just loving this!

And to Dahl and Hull, as well!
        I am in kc for the holiday so I couldn't do my normal mute the TV and listen to mike. But once baker iced it we tuned into mike on TuneIn to hear the call and to listen to the postgame.

He is our supreme cheerleader and has been for decades. He had to call so many bad games back in the day. I was elated to hear he got a piece of the net. You could hear it in his voice -- he got vaclemph -- how much that meant to him.

Comment

downloaded the podcast so I could hear Mike after the game and his call on going to the Final 4.

Very Happy for Mike Kennedy as he is a shocker institution.

Happy for players like Jason Perez who played their heart and soul for WSU but we couldnt get them anywhere.

Happy for guys like Ramon Clemente, who honored his commitment and played his heart and soul out for us.

Happy for the incoming recruits who are already on Twitter talking about a repeat and how they feel like they have made the best decisions of our lives.

Im happy for the die hard fans which represent about 99.9% of us on the board, some are new to the team and some can tell us all about Dave Stallworth's recruiting trips,

I always knew this day would come but I never knew WHEN..

This is our time RIGHT NOW

as @WuDrWu: would say "enjoy the ride" and while this VERY enjoyable we as a collective ARE NOT SATISFIED!!!

Comment

So happy for Mike and Dave. These two are a class act and am so happy for them. Much deserved!!!

Comment

Well, long before we had Mike Kennedy, we had great, paying fans like me who deserve this more than Mike, who has gotten paid for every word he ever spoke at WSU. And I love Mike! Just sayin...
              "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
              Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Originally posted by Fredster View Post
                Well, long before we had Mike Kennedy, we had great, paying fans like me who deserve this more than Mike, who has gotten paid for every word he ever spoke at WSU. And I love Mike! Just sayin...
                Have you even been to 1,000-plus consecutive games? Just sayin'
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Do it for Fred!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Mike Kennedy deserves this as much as anybody. He has had to endure some unbelievable **** during his storied career at WSU. Stratospheric ups and death valley lows, but always with a sense of class that the majority of collegiate (or pro) play by play announcers can only dream to have. What a soldier.

This one's for you Mike!

T

...:cool:

Comment

...Totally agree, Cold...and congrats to you, Fred for being apparently a pretty good fan....:)

Comment

Originally posted by Fredster View Post
                        Long before Mike was the "voice," he and his father were "paying" fans. He has definately not "gotten paid" for every word he ever spoke at WSU. Not one of your finer posts, but love you as a long-standing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Long before Mike was the "voice," he and his father were "paying" fans. He has definately not "gotten paid" for every word he ever spoke at WSU. Not one of your finer posts, but love you as a long-standing fan.
                          Good for everyone who has been a fan for 40+ years and went to all of the games through the late 60's, early 70's and the entire 90's. That was a lot of losing that you endured.

Comment

Working...
                          X