Coach Jans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Jans

As much as Coach Marshall loves it here, I am not even worried about him leaving. It is a perfect fit for him. We will pay him very well and he will be here a long time.

I am more worried about losing someone less heralded than 3G. Coach Jans is a huge part of this success and he is probably ready to be a head coach somewhere. Ok, he is MOST CERTAINLY ready to be a head coach somewhere. I hope we find a way to make him one of the highest paid assistants in the country to keep 3G's right hand man around a long, long time. If the desire to have his own program is strong enough to pull him away, I would certainly understand, but I want us to make it a damn difficult decision for him.

I am very much enjoying this ride, but in my heart and in my head I know that it isn't just going to be a flash in the pan, but the start of an era of success better than any in decades. Maybe ever. And Coach Jans has been a pivotal figure in getting things rolling. Here's hoping he is still here for all the future success that he has helped build towards.

Thank you Coach Jans!

Absolutely agreed.

If we can keep him, we need to absolutely pay him this offseason.

I wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to be a coach himself, though.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker View Post
      As much as Coach Marshall loves it here, I am not even worried about him leaving. It is a perfect fit for him. We will pay him very well and he will be here a long time.

I am more worried about losing someone less heralded than 3G. Coach Jans is a huge part of this success and he is probably ready to be a head coach somewhere. Ok, he is MOST CERTAINLY ready to be a head coach somewhere.
      Does he know ANYTHING about baseball?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Does he know ANYTHING about baseball?
        LOL...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

I agree. Jans is a big piece of the puzzle. I was sad when Tad left and look at what he has done! I absolutely won't blame him for leaving for a Headcoaching job though.

All things being equal though I want him to be the Riker to HCGM's Picard. A very well paid Will Riker.

Comment

3G understands the importance of surrounding yourself with only the best Assistants possible. He offers credit to them on a Public Forum as to their big part played in terms of scouting, recruiting, etc. Coach Jans and all of our Assistants are top notch. They are like your Offensive line in Football. They do the unheralded work in the trenches and without them, you are milk toast, then you get sacked, and eventually fired. With them, you visit and play at places such as Atlanta called the Final 4.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I was going to start the exact same thread. You are not alone in your view of Jans. He is a great assistant and scout. Do they do contracts like head coaches? I hope the long term plan is Jans takes over when GM does leave.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                I was going to start the exact same thread. You are not alone in your view of Jans. He is a great assistant and scout. Do they do contracts like head coaches? I hope the long term plan is Jans takes over when GM does leave.
                I wondered, too, if there are bonuses for achievement in the contracts for assistants. 3G shouldn't have to share his bonus, but he would probably do so willingly.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I have been thinking about bonuses to the assistants too.

I hope all of them receive a hefty check.

My first druther is for the university to write a check and Coach Marshall to write a check. Two checks.

My second druther is for the university to write a check.

My third druther is for Coach Marshall to write a check.

Regardless, a check has to be written by somebody and I think it will be written.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Marshall is going to earn more in bonuses and incentives than some Valley coaches make in a year.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"Jans has work to do as Falcons get rolling" - The Blade (Toledo, Ohio)

Comment

Working...
                      X