Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would LOVE to Hear from Wichita St. Former Players in this THREAD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would LOVE to Hear from Wichita St. Former Players in this THREAD!!!

Any former Shocker players care to chime in on this GLORIOUS NCAA Tournament run???
    Be super cool to hear from any of you's!!!!!!!

X, Carr, Levingston, Sherrod, Perez, Cooper, P.J., Miller, Wilson, and all the other Shockers ......come enjoy this with us here on ShockerNet!!!!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

I am no SHOCKER great, but I am a former SHOCKER who started on the 1981 Elite 8 team. I am so proud of these group of guys and the coaching staff. This team is the true epitome of the word team. Didn't see this coming which makes it that much more exciting. So proud to be a part of the SHOCKER FAMILY. Best of luck in Atlanta this week. GO SHOCKERS!!! Jay Jackson

Comment

Matt posted a couple days ago...
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Jackson View Post
        I am no SHOCKER great, but I am a former SHOCKER who started on the 1981 Elite 8 team. I am so proud of these group of guys and the coaching staff. This team is the true epitome of the word team. Didn't see this coming which makes it that much more exciting. So proud to be a part of the SHOCKER FAMILY. Best of luck in Atlanta this week. GO SHOCKERS!!! Jay Jackson
        Love Jay Jackson! Tough as nails and the glue for that 81 team. Good to hear from you Jay!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Jackson View Post
          Thanks for all the great memories. Are you still up in the Topeka area teaching and coaching? I ran into somebody that knew you up there and when he saw my Shocker gear, he immediately brought up your name.

Comment

Yes, I am in my 18th year as the elementary p.e. teacher at Jefferson West. My wife and I live in Topeka, but gave up the coaching a few years back.

Comment

Awesome Jay...thanks for stopping by. I remember being an 11 year old kid on the floor after the last home game of the season and getting your autograph along with the rest of the team on one of those yellow balls the cheerleaders threw out at half-time!!! Great memories buddy!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Jay you will always be one of my favorite shockers, you were one of the players that coached me at WSU basketball camp way back then! Thanks for coming by here and enjoying this ride with us!! MTXE baby!!!
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Thanks Jay, really enjoyed watching you play!
                  “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                  John Wayne

Comment

I loved Jay. He would fit in just fine with today's team. More than fine.

Play hard and knock the snot out of someone.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I remember Jay Jackson on that Shocker team (a team that Tulsa swept that season btw, nyuk, nyuk), along with Carr, Levingston, Ozell Jones and Randy Smithson. I can remember Smithson sinking the FTs off a T to doom Iowa in the second round on the way to the Elite 8. Lots of talent on that team.

Comment

Originally posted by TulsaFanInNYC View Post
                        I remember Jay Jackson on that Shocker team (a team that Tulsa swept that season btw, nyuk, nyuk), along with Carr, Levingston, Ozell Jones and Randy Smithson. I can remember Smithson sinking the FTs off a T to doom Iowa in the second round on the way to the Elite 8. Lots of talent on that team.
                        and that tulsa team went to the nit

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          and that tulsa team went to the nit
                          True that but remember the NCAA only invited 48 teams and we won the NIT that year after going 9-18 the previous year. So, not so bad; however, I could mention that we swept the Shockers the next season as well and went to the NCAA while the Shox, well, you probably know what happened.

Comment

That's cold man.

Hey, refresh my memory on when Tulsa went to the Final Four......

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              That's cold man.

Hey, refresh my memory on when Tulsa went to the Final Four......
                              Bob Lutz would not approve of that question.

Comment

Working...
                              X