Congrats from a Buckeye Fan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from a Buckeye Fan.

Not a troll, or spammer. Born and raised Buckeye here.....

Just wanted to say congrats. Your team was clearly the better team tonight and you deserved to win. I was very impressed with your players and coaches. I hope the best for you as you move forward in the tournament, no matter who you play.

Great game!

Thank you. Two great teams played.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I've been on the OSU boaard a bit, but I'm not going there after the Shox won. You have some fans who need to realize that WSU is better than they thought. OSU did not play a bad game, showed a ton of heart, and made what looked like a deadly late-game run.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That's sportsmanship right there.

Comment

As for my tOSU brethren any time you have a fan base as big as ours (and honestly I'm not saying you don't, I just don't know) but any time you have a fan base as big as tOSU does, you are bound to get QUITE a few idiots that have no business representing your team. I can tell you that in and around Columbus, people will be disappointed, but in the end we are still proud of our team for how far they made it.

Personally, if the Buckeyes have to lose, I would rather lose to a team like WSU who has guys that play with heart and determination than some other teams I won't mention. That's one of the reasons I am here, because I know there are idiots out there speaking without thinking. I just hope you all know that there are more good sports from our team than bad ones...it's just that the bad ones can be more vocal.

Again, thanks for the great game, and I will be pulling for you guys for the rest of this tournament.

Comment

The point I was trying to make is that a lot of OSU fans are blaming the OSU players for totally tanking because those fans just assume WSU is some third-tier pushover team. That's not fair to OSU's players.

When your team isn't hitting any shots, there might be a reason for that. So far no one has hit more than about 35% of their shots against WSU. The fan bases of Pitt, Gonzaga, LaSalle, and OSU are all criticizing their players for not being able to hit shots. It doesn't seem to occur to the fans that those players were doing what they could with what they were given - and they weren't given much of anything.

I hate to see fans rag on their teams' players when part of the problem iss that there's another team on the court that doesn't want your team's players to succeed.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Aargh. I always try to picture my son out there and how I would react if he came up short. I hate to see fans rag on their team also. They think that tearing others down, or bashing their own will take away the empty feeling they have, but it wont.

I tend to think congratulating your opponent and wishing them the best does a better job of soothing the sting of a loss.

Comment

There is no doubt that OSU fan base is as big as anyone's. Hell my neighbor is an OSU alum. Great fan base.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                X