Congrats from a VCU Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from a VCU Ram

You guys respresented. Well coached, well played. They punched you in the nose and you didnt blink! Great game. You blew up my bracket, you beat us by one on our home court, but I wish you well and am very happy you won. Keep beating the big boys.

Oh, by they way, can we have our chant back? Your band guy stole it from us.

In any event, go out and win the darned thing, and then would you please pay Greg Marshall, and join the A-10!

Finally, very happy for you guys. Enjoy it the Final 4 is a great experience.

Oh man, you beat me to it. Here's another congratulations from a VCU fan. We are both black and gold, both are public schools, both don't have football teams and both treat basketball as King. I was jumping through my roof here in Richmond, cheering you guys on tonight. Way to go!
    Now go win this one for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here.

Comment

Thanks @rammad90: and @IbleedVCU:. I absolutely love and appreciate all the love from fellow non-BCS schools.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Another VCU fan...I'm on record saying you guys win it all. Mason, Butlerx2, VCU... Fifth time feels like the charm.

Comment

Last year's team was supposed to have been better than this year's team - until VCU took us out in the first round of the NCAA's last year. In the last 10 years - which is really 2006, 2012, and this year - we're undefeated against the power conferences and 0-2 against non-power conferences. I'm not going to adjust those rankings for beating Gonzaga, even though they're in a non-power conference. They were still the #1 rated team in the nation.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by rammad90 View Post
            In any event, go out and win the darned thing, and then would you please pay Greg Marshall, and join the A-10!
            How about VCU, George Mason, La Salle, Richmond, and Saint Josephs join the Valley?

That's 9 teams in the top 100 RPI this year. Three Final Fours in the last 10 years. Something like 13 Sweet 16s.

I don't care if it's the Valley or A-10 ... I want VCU and WSU in the same conference. Get. It. Done.

Get our ADs in touch with each other. We need each other as in-conference rivals to keep our momentum going. We need a major TV deal. We need top 100 RPIs around us. We need NCAA payouts.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I am so grateful about the VCU fans posting their RESPECT. I rememeber last year like a bad memory. I had such high expectations and after we lost last year I was DEVASTED. We had moved to Highlands Ranch the previous year, and fell in love with bike riding the trails. I probably about killed myself last year after our loss. I got on my mountain bike for a ride. I rode my bike though our neighborhood into the trails and I'm glad I made it back to enjoy this because I was for sure not that sober!
              OMG Final FOUR!

Comment

Also, thank you to the VCU fans.

I have so much respect for Shaka and your entire program. I'm so happy that we've been able to meet the standard you've set already ... but I sure hope we break it next week >=)

I don't think we would have had this success without the three games we played against you in the last few years. I've always felt like our guys, and Marshall as a coach, grew and learned a significant amount from each game. Our ability handle pressure has increased exponentially since that first VCU game.
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Shocker Nation has total respect for VCU and was proud of you guys two years ago (despite knocking us into the NIT). When you beat KU and made it to the Final 4 all was forgiven. When we drew you guys in the 5-12 last year, we all knew that was a very bad sign, but winning on your home court this year was a pleasant surprise. Who knew it would lead to a Final 4.

i LOUDLY echo others that we need to play each other every year. To play in the same conference would be beyond great...
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I want to hate VCU for knocking us out last year and that they have scoreboard on us. But I can't. They are too awesome. I love how they play and Shaka is awesome. So as long as we don't play I'll pull for them. And I really appreciate the support.

Comment

Respect and gratitude towards the VCU posters here.

We have GOT to lock down a home-and-home together. No series has ever made more sense. Solidarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        I want to hate VCU for knocking us out last year and that they have scoreboard on us. But I can't. They are too awesome. I love how they play and Shaka is awesome. So as long as we don't play I'll pull for them. And I really appreciate the support.
                        After WSU and FSU, I'll cheer for VCU over anyone else in the country, out of sheer respect.

Comment

Sorry we stole your war chant. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
                          β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            Sorry we stole your war chant. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
                            I think they are more upset that we stole (not bought) Carl Hall!

Thanks to all the VCU Rams out there!!! Love your fans and ALWAYS root for the Rams!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              I think they are more upset that we stole (not bought) Carl Hall!

Thanks to all the VCU Rams out there!!! Love your fans and ALWAYS root for the Rams!
                              I recall it came out that the $50k that was talked was the cost associated with appealing for a 6th year for Carl. WSU guaranteed they would do it while VCU didn't. If that is the case, best $50k the athletic department spent in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X